SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nearing the end of life
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nearing the end of life Login/Join 
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you. Went through a similar scenario with my mom. She was 49, died on Dec 28, 1999. Lungs were filling with fluid as well. Had them drained multiple times. Blood transfusions, lots of morphine. It’s a helluva thing to watch someone decline so rapidly (6 months). Grandpa died of cancer 6 months later. A few years after that my other grandpa died of cancer after a year long battle.

I know the current situation is tough and hard to stay positive. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that life is a gift and your dad has has a long one. We live life from one breath to the next. To get 80+ years of that is a real blessing. I’m sure your dad feels fortunate to have had all those years with you as well. As a father myself, I just hope I live long enough to see my children grow up and have families of their own.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post