SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Deere D105 Front Tires ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Deere D105 Front Tires ... Login/Join 
Banned for
showing his ass
posted
I have a John Deere D105 riding lawn mower that keeps having the front tires going flat or failing. Last time I replaced with aftermarket tires (with yellow rims) ... but now both have failed with the tire separating from the rim.

Tire size : 15 x 6.00 x 6

Am trying to decide what to do : maybe replace with a tube (and if need a little slime inside the tube so does not impact the tire and rim.

Apparently this is a weak link with the front tires.

What I replaced with last time :

John Deere D105 Front Tires

Am open to any ideas. Thanks !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Am watching this and looking for answers as my 3-yr old JD E100's left front tire recently started going flat. Don't really want to Slime it, but will if needed as there is practically zero wear on it!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Am watching this and looking for answers as my 3-yr old JD E100's left front tire recently started going flat. Don't really want to Slime it, but will if needed as there is practically zero wear on it!

And I agree, I don't want to slime either. I had the same problem with the little trailer that came with my mower and I ended up just swapping out for solid tires that I got from Harbor Freight ... and been very pleased.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You may want to go to a 6-ply tire.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35466...tkp%3ABk9SR_7Ro_7-YQ

Also make sure the tire has sufficient pressure. Running on low pressure will damage the sidewalls.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
You may want to go to a 6-ply tire.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35466...tkp%3ABk9SR_7Ro_7-YQ

Also make sure the tire has sufficient pressure. Running on low pressure will damage the sidewalls.

Crossed my mind I was not being attentire to the tire pressure. Neighbor suggested a lower tire pressure for lateral stability ... but now thinking he is foll of shit especially I never had an adult beverage with him,

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I keep my trailer tire pressure high when hauling firewood. I damaged the side wall when it got low and I didn't notice.

You probably have a lot of weight on the front with the engine.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I keep my trailer tire pressure high when hauling firewood. I damaged the side wall when it got low and I didn't notice.

You probably have a lot of weight on the front with the engine.

Agree !

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is the tire dry-rotted, with cracking in the sidewalls or in the bottoms of the tread grooves? Then the tire is no good. Time kills tires more than usage. If OK, try going over the wheel and tire with a spray bottle and soapy water to look for leaks, especially around the bead and the valve stem (where I suspect your leak is).

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Use an inner tube. I did this with my zero turn mower and the problem disappeared.

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I would put a heavy duty tube (thickest wall tube) on it you can find one. Some Mfg recommendation is too low of pressure IMO on lawn tractors. I've seen everything from 14 PSI to 40 PSI.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it's messy, but shoot it up with Green Slime. Pump it up to maybe 30 psi, the ride it around for at least half an hour so it works in to the pores inside the tire. Done that twice in the last six months, on different tractors. The Kubota had hit something, had a gash in the sidewall. Seems to have fixed it. Whole lot cheaper and easier than putting a new tire on it.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Tubeless front tires both of which have the bead and rim separated. Am going to wire brush cleaning up both bead and rim and use a ratchet strap around the tire tread to help hold the bead together to start holding air.

I like the idea of adding the innertube.

posted Hide Post
the first step is always...always just add a tube.
simple, cheap and most likely completely solves whatever the issue is.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I got tired of dealing what that issue on the front casters of my 52" Scag Turf Tiger, so I ended up going with solid tires from NoAir.

I was prepared for a noticeably rougher ride, but that didn't turn out to be the case. YMMV, of course, but here's the link for their tires for your JD:

https://www.noairproducts.com/...deere/15x6-00x6.html

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I got tired of dealing what that issue on the front casters of my 52" Scag Turf Tiger, so I ended up going with solid tires from NoAir.

I was prepared for a noticeably rougher ride, but that didn't turn out to be the case. YMMV, of course, but here's the link for their tires for your JD:

https://www.noairproducts.com/...deere/15x6-00x6.html

-Rob

Thank you sir for this information and the link. At this time I will first try the inner-tube as my resources are stretch thin having to buy a new washer dryer.

If the tubes do not work, I will considering going this route. Thanks !

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
If you don’t have an abundance of thorns that would puncture the tire then tube it and forget it. We do it all the time at the shop.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
If you don’t have an abundance of thorns that would puncture the tire then tube it and forget it. We do it all the time at the shop.

No thorns and tires are not weather checked ... going the inner tube route first.

posted Hide Post
I got tired of flats on my zero I have lots of locust trees and used
https://www.flatouttire.com friend turned me on to it he used it in his off-road dirt bikes as well with good results

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post