SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for Smartphone recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Smartphone recommendations Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Android uses Google which listens to every word you say and records your locations to every place you go.

Apple's Siri only activates when you ask it to.

After Google interrupted a private conversation I had no idea it was listening to and corrected me with politically correct bullshit I switched to an IPhone.

If you value privacy Androids are NOT for you!

Choose accordingly...........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
You’ll be happy with an iPhone

IMO there’s too many versions and types of Android smartphone out there with them all slightly different by model and make.

Apple is very consistent and user friendly, I’d recommend the iPhone SE if you wanted a smaller one and an iPhone 11 or 12 if you wanted larger.

That's about it for me. I tried an android phone and learned I have to "manage" its memory. I can same some programs to the memory card but some programs have to stay on the phone memory.

For phones, I stick with iphone. For tablets, I go with Samsung. And for laptops, I stick with PC.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I found one of the best ways to learn about and iPhone is to go into the settings, and run through each and every section. Apple is pretty good at guiding you through each setting and what it does so you can make an informed decision.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Good choice with the iPhone. Anyone who says an Android is not more difficult is just too tech savvy to know what it’s like to be a normal person. I’m NOT saying Androids are impossibly difficult for mortals. I AM saying that iPhones are much more simple.

I deal with this every day in a limited way, for interfacing phones with car stereo head units, for Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. With iPhones and CarPlay, you plug it in and CarPlay comes up. With Android Auto, it depends on the phone, but you may have to download the app, and then go through a dozen questions, settings, permissions, etc. Even with Bluetooth you have to answer questions/address settings with an Android. Not so with an IPhone.

Probably 75% of my Android customers could never get Android Auto to work without us showing them how.

iPhones are simpler and easier to operate without any doubt. People get Androids for one of two reasons. Either they like to tinker and customize things, or just because they can get an Android cheaper than an iPhone.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post