SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The best summary of events that have led to current point of view and mindset of conservatives
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The best summary of events that have led to current point of view and mindset of conservatives Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Few of us had any idea how bad things are.
I thought I had an idea until I watched the documentary, "The Plot Against The President". Good GOD!!!! Our Government is wicked, tainted, and corrupted to the CORE!!! Even from the "Republicans"......

This right here.
If you really belive the Republicans are saviors, think again.
All politicians think of their own needs/agendas before they think of you. Both parties are horribly corrupt and dirty.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I think the biggest disadvantage Conservatives have is that by nature, they want to reduce the influence of the Federal Government in people's everyday lives. Leftists want to increase that influence.

Our government is the largest economic and social influence in history, and both sides wish to wield it differently.

In order (for Conservatives) to defeat the Leftists, Conservatives would have to become the thing they hate. If that happens, we're no better than they are.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Fair enough - I felt like the tone was just a little off in that I was not naive before Trump and didn't have some childlike perception that the media and government institutions were not corrupt. While the past several years have put that notion to bed forever, my opinion of the media started back in the 90's and continued even into the early days of this forum when we had members (who are still here, by the way) that claimed that the media was only driven by ratings and dollars and were not in any way ideological. That was farcical then and has been fully exposed now - no one can make that argument with a straight face.

Otherwise, it was spot on - the facts speak for themselves. Very well written and pretty thorough.

Yeah, I suspect most of us weren’t totally naive. I suspect most of us felt that the media was biased to the left. Same with much of government. Where the naïveté may come is that while we probably knew they were biased, we may not have had any idea how far they would go, how much they would lie, cheat, and steal to protect the uniparty.

sdy really highlighted how the facade has dropped. Now the scope of the problem is clear. How we best address that problem remains to be determined, but at least we understand now what we are up against.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Bear in mind that this “article” is meant to address a wide array of people on the right. Maybe you and I and most of us here weren’t totally surprised at the media bias, but I do know many in my personal life who were. The sum effect is that a number of the people who used to give me shit about wearing a tinfoil hat are now pretty much on the same level of distrust of the apparatus as a whole. They’re represented in this “article,” too.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post