SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Honey? The dog's melting again....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honey? The dog's melting again.... Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted
Never fails....once that fire gets going and the heat rolls down to the floor my boy lays down and snoozes...

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8531 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
My cat does that Big Grin

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Smile

Trust me, it's not just your dog that does this... and let's be honest, don't we all sorta do that? Sometimes on the couch, sometimes in a chair, and sometimes on the floor.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My father built the house we grew up in. He built a nice fireplace with a giant hearth in front of the fireplace opening.
As kids we would help him start the fire, then he would put the fireplace screen in place, then we would lay on the hearth and get real warm real fast. Eventually we had to move till the fire died down some.
Brings back a lot of memories growing up in that house especially during Christmas.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Your dog’s smart.

Posts: 9528 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'd do it too if I had a fireplace. Smile

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Did you just move into that house? Where’s all the dog fur? My GSD sheds daily, in fact he’s shedding right now, the food he eats is to grow more fur….and shed.

Nice looking pup

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11294 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dog is the exact opposite. He hates heat, he will find the coolest spot to lie in. Concrete floor, near a exterior door, in front of fan etc.

He is happy lying in a snow bank for hours.

Posts: 1041 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
In the morning, after going outside for a bathroom break, both of our labs come in & lay right in front of the wood stove. The female isn't too bad, but the old male will sometimes come in the living room smelling like scorched fur.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
You just never seem as warm from other sources as from being next to an actual fire.

As a kid, getting super warm next to the fire was a perfect lead in to going outside and getting more wood for the fire.

It's the circle of life.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I don't have a fireplace, but my older Bull Mastiff / Pit cross loves to find a good sunstreak to lay in.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Nice pic of your comfortable dog there! Nothing like a little nap in front of the fireplace!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7108 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Ours do the same thing

"Evil can never be dead enough" Brevard County, Fla., sheriff Wayne Ivey

Posts: 83 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: April 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bonnie's little 7 pound fox terrier knows where the sun is shining on what floor, when.
And she sprawls out just like that.

And just like clock work ,
Nine minutes later she moseys in out of the sun, panting like like crazy.
Big Grin

Pants and pants and pants
Then
She looks at you like you are to blame for not waking her
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54669 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
My Pit loves the fire. He lays right in front of it and his fur is hot to the touch.
I think he would climb in there to get even closer if he could.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16527 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
our dog hates the cold and loves it warm. My wife has created a monster because she takes his blanket and runs it through the drier to heat it up and he get's mad when it eventually cools down.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On cold winter days I would come home from work and have 20 lb propane tank with a heater on top.
Let it run for about 45 minutes downstairs. My Boxer loved it. She would lay in front of it,
I would reach down and pet her and think my lord she's going to catch on fire!

Posts: 958 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post