SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeep Wrangler Experts: A wheel fitment question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeep Wrangler Experts: A wheel fitment question. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I tried the ol googly but not knowing enough about the different generations and models I found they fit, they don’t fit, and they don’t fit unless you use specific lug nuts. So I have no clue.

If one has a 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4door will Gladiator (not sure on year) take off wheels fit?
Do they use the same TPMS as well?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25442 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BOTH ARE 5X5 LUG PATTERN.

YOU NEED TO CHECK BACK SPACING AS WELL AS LUG NUT TYPES.

BE CERTAIN LUG NUT CAN GO ON LUG MORE THAN WHAT IS NEEDED FOR WHEEL! COULD BOTTOM OUT BEFORE TIGHTENING WHEEL.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1515 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
YEAH!!!

I don't know if Trio is correct - I just felt like yelling too. Razz Big Grin

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1367 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Both are 5x5 so the bolt pattern is the same. Tire size and backspacing might call for spacers though.

With regard to lug nuts, stick with the JK lugs. The cone seat is the same, but I think thread pitch is different so the JK lug nuts will fit the gladiator wheels, but the gladiator nuts won't screw down on the JK studs.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL, sorry about my previous all caps posting. It wasn't intentional

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1515 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you need a spacer, consider an adapter instead. Some mechanics will fail a state inspection with spacers. Adapters could also allow you to get whatever wheel stud you want to use.

Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
They'll fit. I sold my 2021 Gladiator wheels and tires to a friend for his wife's 08 JK. Mine were the Mojave wheels with the 33" tires on them. No issues with fit or back spacing. I kept my lug nuts and he used his OEM set with no issues. TPMS are not the same. Your's requires 07-12 TPMS system. The Gladiator TPMS is different and only compatible with '18+ Wranglers

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 587 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo216:
They'll fit. I sold my 2021 Gladiator wheels and tires to a friend for his wife's 08 JK. Mine were the Mojave wheels with the 33" tires on them. No issues with fit or back spacing. I kept my lug nuts and he used his OEM set with no issues. TPMS are not the same. Your's requires 07-12 TPMS system. The Gladiator TPMS is different and only compatible with '18+ Wranglers

Perfect! These are the Mojave wheels and tires. Not too terribly concerned with the TPMS at the moment as this will mostly be a trail vehicle so they’ll be aired down a bit.
Fella local has a fresh set of 5 wheels and tires with the Wildpeaks which I loved on my Expedition for a very nice price.
Could barely buy the tires for what he is asking.

————————————————

Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
I very much regret getting rid of the Wildpeaks. They were awesome all around and I rarely needed 4wd in the snow. I got a set of 35" Dick Cepek Trail Country's and they are total garbage in the snow. Worst "upgrade" ever for me.

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 587 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo216:
I very much regret getting rid of the Wildpeaks. They were awesome all around and I rarely needed 4wd in the snow. I got a set of 35" Dick Cepek Trail Country's and they are total garbage in the snow. Worst "upgrade" ever for me.

I had 275/70/18 Wildpeaks on my Expedition. I started hunting for a Tundra and put a used set of highway tires on it with the plans to toss them on the Tundra.
I ended up finding a Limited Tundra with 20” wheels.
I wish I would have bought 18” wheels and kept those tires instead of staying with 20” tires.

————————————————