SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    does your two stage snow blower have a reverse gear?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

does your two stage snow blower have a reverse gear? Login/Join 
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I’ll put it like this. What are your feelings about man handling an 80 lb. machine fully capable of chewing your arm off while standing on ice?

It’s not when you are in wide open country that reverse shines. It’s when you’ve blown yourself 40’ to the house from the side walk, and find it’s pretty easy to back up and make a second pass.

I’m currently going down lanes as much as 40” deep. I’m starting to wonder why I didn’t pop for the single drive wheel option. Just get the reverse, you neither getting younger or stronger.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5158 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another ariens owner. Has 2 reverse gears. Rarely use them i just pull back.

Posts: 1044 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Have had my Honda 828s since 1997, have just changed tires,oil and a plug. Has reverse,2 stage, starts every time(electric start just in case)...Love that thing.

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it does.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
What about using a snow shovel and getting some exercise?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Because the "MI" in "Minnesota" stands for Myocardial Infarction.

Posts: 107696 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 27980 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Yet another Ariens owner. 28" 2 stage, yes it has reverse and yes I use it. Come in handy with the really deep stuff and maneuvering in tight spaces.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How 'bout curb feelers and a light bar?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107696 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I had a few sidewalks to clear, sure.

I just bought this, 'cuz the Ariens wasn't cutting it and I'm not getting any younger

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:

But does it have reverse?

Or do you have to get out and drag it backwards? Big Grin

Posts: 2490 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Yes all three in inventory have R feature.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

I shovel a 100+ yd driveway and a large parking area. It's nice outside time with the dog and cats and good exercise.
Other than 1' or more or when I don't have the time. Then use the frt end loader on the tractor.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:

I shovel a 100+ yd driveway and a large parking area. It's nice outside time with the dog and cats and good exercise.
Other than 1' or more or when I don't have the time. Then use the frt end loader on the tractor.

That's some beautiful land to the side of your property.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever used a two stage that didn't have reverse? It is faster at times not to use it on the smaller machines.

Posts: 21116 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Simplicity Signature Pro with 2 reverse gears. Been going strong for 8 years now. Very happy with it.

Posts: 449 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Mine does...30 HP Kubota tractor with 63" 2 stage front mounted snowblower.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4236 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

AZ snowblower:

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Dealt with this for six years below Buffalo NY.

Had to have a tracked snowblower due to the slope. Those regular wheeled models just couldn't handle it. Had both a John Deere and a Cub Cadet model during that time. Both had reverse (although on this level of slope... ya didn't need it).

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granted it can be put in neutral and dragged backwards. Similar with 90* turns. After an hour or so of blowing it gets to being a wrestling match with the machine. Unless you like the exercise involved it gets old. One of those things that is nice to have even if you think you don’t need it.

The older I get the more I need it.....

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post