SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heroin took my friend.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroin took my friend. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

I’m curious. What VA hospital told him to wait a month? That’s totally fucked. The New England area offers a direct hot line for these types of problems.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sincerest sympathy. Drugs are the scourge of our society.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences you and to your friend’s family.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Chongo. My best to you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I may not seem very sensitive to these things, if that is the right term, but I have to wonder how it is that people start down this road to begin with.

It is certainly well marked as a one way street, leading only to disaster with brief stops at misery and despair.

It is inconceivable to me that a person, even a young person, could be unaware of the certainty of what happens as they start to take the first hit.

What is it that leads these people to throw their lives away like this?

If any such case could be predicted, it was his.

He was an alcoholic maybe by 17, certainly by 19, enabled by his parents. His mother would buy him beer, liquor, and pot.

The woman did contribute to me in the most positive ways, please don’t mistake the picture I paint. However my morals, then certainly questionable if not completely absent in aspects involving the loins, were nearly impeccable in others. Or at least I had aspirations that precluded me from dabbing in anything more than a bit of whiskey and moonshine, and a couple of tokes of weed.

My friend lacked either the morals, aspirations, or a mother that disapproved of such, and/or others who would have been shocked from such behavior whom he wanted to impress. Once back from Iraq, this was compounded by PTSD and surrounding himself with CO-addicts and enablers.

As for the VA delaying him, I don’t have an answer. I ate lunch yesterday with the mutual friend. He described the last few weeks, weeks of hope. He was also a veteran, and had personally bailed out our friend from felony drug charges and then took him to appointments to get set up for potential disability and further treatment. He was present when the delay was given, and was in disbelief. I didn’t ask too much further details, as the situation was tender.

And he wasn’t just abusing one substance. Meth, heroin, weed, alcohol, pills...he had a broken soul and was using everything he could to mend it.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss and pray that both of you are at, or will find, peace.

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Sorry you have to feel the loss of a friend.
Heroin addicts are dropping several a day in the Charlotte area.
There is not much anyone can do. You can beat them, jail them...and they still use.
Addiction is a monster that crosses into all social classes.
A COO, friend of mine, died a few months ago.
Had a life most would cherish ..... Died in a crummy hotel with hookers, chasing that big bang that only comes the first time ....

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences... I’ve been in your place before, it’s hard to console.

Take pleasure in the thoughts that knew him well and at a time, he was your best friend.

Life is bitter, it is sweet, happy and sad.

Persevere over the the trials in life, savor the wonderful things about it, like your friendship.

I always felt I should have done more, maybe I could have made a difference... most likely not.

May he Rest In Peace and May peace be with you.

Warmest Regards
Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
My sister died of a heroin overdose in 1985.

She'd been clean a couple of years, and I've long believed it wasn't an accident.

My condolences, Chongo.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

I’ve lost friends and students to drug and alcohol abuse...always a tough battle.

Peace to you and may your friend finally have his.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see this Chango. Dancing with demons...never ends, or well. Some but very few, do.

So sorry.

CW

Posts: 3201 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
chongosuerte, I am very sorry to read of what happened to your friend.

I will keep you and his mother in my prayers.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your lost, Chongo. I hope your friend is now at peace.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Chongo, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
As a person who is in (and works in) recovery from substance use disorder, I can tell you that there is help available for you, should you need it.
Don't stuff it down and hope it will go away. It doesn't.
Feel free to email me (in profile) any time you'd like to talk.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I lost a cousin to heroin. I feel your pain. My sincerest condolences for your loss.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You honored him well. I am very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post