SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My MRI claustrophobia issues; BEATEN!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My MRI claustrophobia issues; BEATEN! Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
I've been having stroke like issues since August; weak left side, issue walking as my left leg is slow to react, etc. Did an MRI six weeks back and I barely held it together. Foun d out I have something growing on the right side of my brain.

Had to do another MRI today but took an Ativan and the tech put a cloth over my eyes. Zero stress, worked great!

Now to find out exactly WHAT is growing and remove it or kill it so I can get back to normal

At least the stress isgone from the MRI!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
All the best to you. Please keep us posted.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
"Remove it or kill it", either is my wish for you.
I have to be sedated to have an MRI. I feel you, man.
Prayers sent.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you Frank.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Stay strong brother, kick it's ass

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Great Smile

The hive needs you so that's a lot of good karma heading your way.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a good prognosis.

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to The Constable.
Glad you have found a way to deal w/ the MRI.
My one time was quite nerve racking, as I probably needn't explain.

We're here for further updates or general gripes about the whole process. Hoping for good news.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping for the best.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my last MRI was about 3 yrs ago and was done on the opened MRI unit.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a cure. We've got some pretty talented Docs here in Montana. They love the fishing and the hunting. They'll get it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. Keep a good thought.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Ah geez, I hate to hear this. Frown

Best wishes, Frank. Stay strong!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Best wishes FN. Sure hate to hear this. Good Luck.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You're in my prayers, too. I understand the MRI thing. I can't do them any more, because I have a pacemaker and stainless wires around my sternum.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are in my thoughts and prayers, I should know your first name ,
But have forgotten it.

And keep us in the loop ,please

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post