SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missouri SB727 is redefining a home school to school
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missouri SB727 is redefining a home school to school Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted
SB727

The Missouri Senate has passed and sent this to the house SB727 which redefines home school to school. This affects any gun owner who home schools. The key point was added (slipped) into the bill and not picked up on by senators who voted for it. If you live in Missouri call your representative and Gov. Parsons.

On page 85

Missouri law on guns in school

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4838 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It won't pass muster. No way

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Well it slipped through the Senate when senators were confronted on it they were surprised. Which tells how well they read bills. The YouTube video I saw said that there was a lot of money behind it.

Time to let the representatives know we know.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4838 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Interesting that that definition as whole is currently a part of 167.031, but includes language limiting where that definition is used:

"2. (1) As used in sections 167.031 to 167.071, a "home school" is a school, whether incorporated or unincorporated, that:"

Link

Seems like changing "As used in sections 167.031 to 167.071" to "For purposes of state law" was deliberate. Sneeky.

Posts: 10961 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It would be struck down by the courts. It's beyond outrageous. It interferes at the very least with the Second Amendment and the right to defend one's home, and places an unreasonable burden on homeowners who wish to exercise their right to homeschool their children.

They can sign it into law. Doesn't matter. It would be struck down, even if that means taking this blatant attempt to interfere with individual's right to the SCOTUS.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And how would they even enforce this?

Inspect every home that has children being homeschooled? That ain’t happening.

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
And how would they even enforce this?

Inspect every home that has children being homeschooled? That ain’t happening.

No, but that's not the intention here. It's about threat and intimidation to a certain demographic.

Of course it's blatantly unconstitutional; I wish there were some accountability for those who constantly try to subvert our freedoms in this way, but when caught they simply shrug, wait for a period of time, and then try again. The best we can do right now is keep exposing these enemies to America.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, but that's not the intention here. It's about threat and intimidation to a certain demographic.

Homeschoolers have been blindsided by this...
The homeschoolers who have done it for a long time just want government to leave them alone.
But DESE wants to control and regulate it.

These two ladies are in the capitol every day following this
Shield Maidens of MO

Why are state reps told they cannot make one single amendment to SB 727? Why are they being told by LOBBYISTS that NO CHANGES WILL BE ALLOWED? Why on earth are elected state reps even listening to such non sense?

Homeschools are in danger.

HSLDA attorney flew into Missouri to testify on a bill authored by Bishop Davidson. His warning can be heard on the podcast. Much of the language in Bishop’s bill is the same language seen in SB 727 with regard to homeschools. HSLDA strongly opposes Bishop Davidson’s bill due to the danger of the bill and used the term it is a dangerous “GRAND EXPERIMENT” with home schools that HSLDA could not support. His reference was to the language about FPE schools.
The attorney for the HSLDA warned about the interchanging of definitions and the dangers that lie within as seen in SB 2937.

SB 727 has the same traps.

SB 727 never started as a bill about homeschool capture. That was added in the substitute that was 153 pages long. This means that the public was never allowed to offer their opinion on that in the senate, because Andrew Koenig is not man enough to face the homeschoolers with the honest version of the bill he knew he intended to bring to the floor. He added the homeschool/FPE language in his sub.

His original bill SB 727 was only 12 pages long.

That bill can be viewed here; (HOUSE REP BISHOP DAVIDSON’S BILL). NOTE: FPE SCHOOL LANGUAGE.
https://documents.house.mo.gov...llspdf/5389H.02I.pdf

https://shieldmaidensofmo.subs...rue&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24128 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
This is not an attempt to infringe upon the second amendment rights of Missourians, it's just an added bonus.

This is an attempt by the government to have control over all forms of education. They've done such a stellar job with our public schools, they now want to bring that success into all of the non-public educational venues.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15721 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It won't pass muster. No way

One of our owners says "won't pass mustard".
I've had to avoid this phrase at all costs, since one more outburst from me may end in "early" retirement....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12423 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
This is not an attempt to infringe upon the second amendment rights of Missourians, it's just an added bonus.

This is an attempt by the government to have control over all forms of education. They've done such a stellar job with our public schools, they now want to bring that success into all of the non-public educational venues.

Exactly. I saw this coming; the more popular homeschooling becomes, the more threatened the industrial public school system complex will become. I can even see some states trying to make homeschooling illegal someday.

Meanwhile, my two homeschooled boys are NOT becoming brainwashed with DEI and LGBT bullshit annd being taught to hate their country and are instead now performing TWO GRADES higher than their peers in public school.

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I damn well know why the provision was created and what it's intended to do and who it's intended to target.

What I am telling you is why it won't stand.