SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mcdonald's celibrates 12 straight years of not knowing what Americans want
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mcdonald's celibrates 12 straight years of not knowing what Americans want Login/Join 
posted
After refusing to acknowledge what the American people want and expect from a hamburger joint,
Mcdonald's
will just go ahead and flip off its
public in general.

If the top 50 people in the company can't keep getting their giant pay checks by offering Americans want they want and expect,
Well then they will just change up what
they will offer.

Take THAT ! America,

They will just start offering food from all over the globe , maybe then Americans will shovel giant
wads of folding money in to the corporate offices .

article here: http://www.thisisinsider.com/n...und-the-world-2018-4

This is what happens when companies get too big,
the last thing they do is listen to the customers and the people that deal with the customers.

they get this mindset of:

We will tell them what they want, and they will like it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Didn’t look all that different to me....

Posts: 6345 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
... Cheese and Bacon Loaded Fries from Australia....

I think this will be a winner.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32049 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There was a large McDonald's corporate office building, about a five minute walk from the company that I used to work for.

They had a cafeteria that offered standard McDonald's menu items and also offered new trial type items.

We used to walk over there for lunch every now and again. Some of the things that we tried there, eventually showed up at regular McDonald's locations.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31444 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
McDonald's could offer 12 oz. grade A Filet Mignon with a loaded baked potato on its $1 menu and that place would STILL not see my shadow. Haven't graced a McD's in years. The only thing really worth going there for is their egg mcmuffin, but I'd say a Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit with honey faaaaaaar out paces that.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every couple of years I get nostalgic and forgetful so I go to a McDonalds. Afterwards I realize why I haven't been there for years.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13498 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I love Chik fil A because no matter how long their drive through line is, I know I will be through it in less than 5 minutes. No "pull over there and wait." It's the benefit of a simple menu, do one thing and do it well. McDonald's takes forever at major mealtimes because they try to sell everything and do none of it well. If I want to wait, I'd go to Culver's and pay the same for vastly better food.

Posts: 2604 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you even read the article?

It's ONE restaraunt that in addition to offering the normal McDonalds stuff offers McDonalds stuff from other countries. It's 100% not them telling Americans what they want, it's like "Here, you can have all the normal stuff, but you might want to try this stuff, while you're in our headquarters."

Besides: Spicy McChicken? Cheese and Bacon fries? Mighty Angus burger? Those all sound pretty good*. They are just offering choices, like they did when they started offering McCafes and normal coffee.

*It should be noted they sound good, but not anywhere near good enough to step foot in Chicago for.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm old I guess. I remember walking into McDonald's as a kid and the place would be packed. 8-10 registers cranking people through. The kitchen made everything as fast as they could, sliding them into racks. When you ordered, they would take your money, go to the rack, grab your food, bring it back and you were gone. You could see if they were out of something and if you didn't want to wait a few minutes, you ordered something else. You could walk into a restaurant with 60 people in line and be out of there with food in 10 minutes.

Somehow, this was not profitable

Today I walk into the local McDonald's and if there is no one there I MIGHT get my food in 10-15 minutes. I can sit down, order, and be served at a local Coney Island faster. If there are 2-3 people there, it is easily 15-20 minutes. The kitchen is absolute chaos, mostly people doing meaningless tasks from what I see. If you're lucky 1 register is working, and now those are being replaced with Kiosks.

How exactly is this better?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38243 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should start offering Chik-fil-a sandwiches...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
McDonald's takes forever at major mealtimes because they try to sell everything and do none of it well.

Exactly. They have really gotten away from what made them in the first place. Trying to be too many things to too many people.

Posts: 3534 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
A turd by any other name....

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6167 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Can someone translate and tell us what it is that Americans have wanted for 12 years that McD's has not given us?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I don't know, that looks great to me. I can go get my standard 4 double cheesburger order, and add Mozza Salad or cheese and bacon fries to be a little different? That looks awesome!

That Mozza salad looks really good. Kind of like a pasta salad with grilled chicken and mozarella cheese chunks.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3586 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Can someone translate and tell us what it is that Americans have wanted for 12 years that McD's has not given us?

I don't know, food with less cardboard in it? Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'm a once or twice a year Filet O Fish kind of guy

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of notarex
posted Hide Post
Does that mean the Swiss King is coming? Yes that's a hashbrown in there and bacon chunks on the bun...

Posts: 498 | Location: NH | Registered: August 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Its time for McDonalds to take their clown food and piss off and take their place on the ash heap of history.

They are the worst fast food place of them all, the food isn't great, and I defy you to get what you actually ordered.

100% true, last Saturday my wife ran out to get some McD's for breakfast. She ordered a bacon egg cheese biscuit. There was no egg on it. I refuse to eat there any more, there are just way too many other choices with better food and better services.

All the new ones have 3 windows now.... one to pay, one to pick up your food, and one to return it and get your proper order.

Id rather order from a place with syphilitic monkeys making my food in a dumpster

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10755 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

consistency :
either at the same store on different days
or
at three different stores ,in the same week.

with competent, courteous people who don't ask you what you want after you just told them .

would they really need you to get on line to ask for your opinion if they were making money ?

screw getting on line,
put someone in the building to address issues or actually compliment the service,
when you have them , right then , right there.

this "talk to corporate" b.s. is for the damn farm animals

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Where's the McAloo Tikki Burger from India?

A combination of a potato and peas patty with special Indian spices coated with breadcrumbs, served with sweet tomato mayo, fresh onions, tomatoes in a regular bun.

Actually sounds good to me!

Last night I was looking at how American fast food purveyors often adjust the menu for local tastes and customs and saw that one.

A friend of mine is in India right now and sent me a pic of a Mutton Whopper at BK...ummm no.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post