SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any good anti-fogging stuff for glasses?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any good anti-fogging stuff for glasses? Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
I need to wear a scarf or mask when going out in the cold & dry air but then I can't see because my glasses fog up.

Any suggestions for an anti-fogging product?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Cat Crap

(Yes, that's the actual name.)

https://www.amazon.com/EK-USA-...lasses/dp/B001ONRP8C

It's what I've used for over a decade on my diving mask, ski goggles, shooting glasses, etc.

Posts: 32531 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Rain-X Window stuff?
It works on car windows as far as I can remember.

Posts: 22926 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I used the Rain X anti fog a few years ago. I hated it and polished it off. I DO use Rain X on all our vehicle windows after polishing the windows. I polish the inside and outside and Rain X (regular)both inside and outside.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I dilute liquid dish detergent (like Dawn) with water and use it to clean my lenses. Then blot (don’t wipe) dry. The remaining detergent seems to reduce fogging. Baby shampoo is supposed to work too.

Posts: 26923 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I should have read the PP better. I used to use baby shampoo on my dive mask, or just spit on it and rub it around. Maybe a commercial anti fog product from a dive shop? Should work for glasses ….

Posts: 1225 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem for decades. It sucks.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but in my case, I had cataract surgery back in August & September.

No more glasses, no more fogging, no more hassle and trouble keeping glasses clean, expensive costs, etc etc etc.

If you are near the age of 65, when Medicare kicks in, you can get that taken care of. It's an ez-pz process, nothing to it.

Best wishes and good luck to you.

Posts: 11856 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

I used my scuba mask defogging spray during Covid to keep my glasses from fogging when wearing them with a face mask.

I don't have preferred defogging spray, I usually bought what was on sale at my dive shop. Brands that come to mind is 500psi, CLEAR, Spit, and SeaDrops.

Keeping the lenses as clean as possible greatly helps. Wearing my glasses in the shower then using a appropriate microfiber cleaning cloth after the shower is the best way I've found to degrease my glasses before applying a defogger agent or just keeping them crystal clear on a day-to-day basis.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Friends recommended WileyX anti-fog spray kit. I have it for my Captivate Polarized lenses but have yet to use it.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16237 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Been using cat crap on my glasses and optics for a long time. Works great.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Another recommendation for Cat Crap. It doesn't take much but works like a charm!

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I use cat crap for the windows of my Holosun. I got Lasik so no longer wear glasses, but it works for that too.

I wipe it on with a q-tip and wipe, it off with a microfiber.

It comes in a paste or a spray. I have the paste version, but would think the spray would be more suitable for eyeglasses.

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cat Crap will solve all fogging problems.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post