SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    From 2016: Black student comes to defense of white teacher after she gets punched:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From 2016: Black student comes to defense of white teacher after she gets punched: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
(I know nothing of this site. I originally saw the video and did a search for an article and this is the only one I could find.)

Article:
https://theconcourse.deadspin....good-teen-1788172942
quote:
Here’s a video from Twitter user @B1goingD1 that appears to show a classroom fight between a pair of teens come to a swift end when a third teen knocks out one participant for hitting the teacher, then flexes at the other after pulling him off the knocked-out teen. There’s a ton to get into here, such as the grinning girl who scurries out of the frame early on; red hoodie kid getting wrapped up in his sweatshirt then freaking out; and the teacher saying, “It’s really not cool.” But the true star is the teen who ends the fight, flips out on both participants, and asserts that hitting the teacher isn’t cool:

Video from Twitter (NSFW - Language, Violence):
https://twitter.com/EASYFORBEE...s/790612252806279169

The teen in question here did not, from what we can see, start the fight (he has his headphones in until the teacher gets hit) but he lands the biggest punch. He also flips out after the fight ends, and proceeds to yell at both participants, presumably because the teacher caught some collateral damage. It’s possible that this was pure performance and is, in fact, fake, or that he made a show of cleaning up the fight in order to (as the tweet’s caption jokingly suggests) impress the teacher. But that feels like a disingenuous reading. So we open it up to you: Is this teen good?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The comments below were exceedingly hard to read and comprehend, and make you want to worry for the future.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15632 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The comments below were exceedingly hard to read and comprehend, and make you want to worry for the future.

I couldn’t read them. When did we stop speaking English?

Good to the kid for protecting his teacher though.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Yeah! "Who the fuck you think you is?"

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8401 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post