SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Copa America/UEFA European Championship
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Copa America/UEFA European Championship Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I agree.

I thought the goal was offside…

Here’s the thing though, I never won a game if my team didn’t score!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3654 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Bummer USA is out…

US Soccer deserves it. They had a chance to not rehire GGG and did anyway. Now they're in a position where they're stuck with him since either few want the job or anyone really good would break the bank. Why? Because they'd have to level up Emma Hayes' salary to the level of the new men's manager's thanks to a woke policy instituted several year ago.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3645 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Brazil v Columbia was a good game today.

1-1

Columbia in my opinion dominated the game and deserved to win the group.

I was impressed.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3654 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I'm so sick and tired of hearing our so-called experts saying time and time again that the US Team has the talent so it must be something else. You so-called experts should be able to tell us since you are so freaking smart.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1908 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Both semi-finals are set:

Spain v France
Netherlands v England

Argentina v Canada
Uruguay v Columbia

Portugal should have beaten France with all the talent they have but they never got off the bench since Penaldo seems to run that team - plays every minute and takes every free kick. There will be a revolt amongst the rest of the squad if he tries to hang on until the World Cup and Martinez lets him pull the same power play.

He should just play out his career in Saudi and retire.

Pepé should retire too. Question, IS he James Carville's lovechild?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Posts: 3645 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I think Argentina will beat Canada.

Uruguay v Columbia is a toss up. Columbia is playing well.

I give Spain the edge over France.

England v Netherlands is another toss up in my mind.

We will see…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

posted Hide Post
My friend who is married to a Colombian by birth soccer fanatic went to the Columbia v Brazil game at Levi stadium. Told me the tailgate party was off the hook.

Me and my fam were out to dinner last night at the local Mexican restaurant and they had the games on the big screen. Watched the France v Portugal game and shootouts. Sucked to play all that time to a 0-0 draw and have your goalie cough it up or the shooter bounce it off the goal post.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Spain v France game today @ noon pacific time.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Spain advances to the finals. 2-1

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:

16 year old makes goal for Spain too.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16551 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

16 year old makes goal for Spain too.

It was a perfect shot off the upper side post.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Argentina 2 Canada 0

I’m two for two in my predictions so far.

I think Columbia will beat Uruguay.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I'd say the star for Argentina today was their goalkeeper. He had some great saves.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I'd say the star for Argentina today was their goalkeeper. He had some great saves.

After long periods of inactivity and the occasional clearance, Dibu remained focused and made two big saves to preserve the clean sheet.

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
OKAY the finals are set.

Spain v England

Argentina v Columbia

I picked the Columbia win.

England deserved the win.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Uruguay couldn't even draw with an extra man for an entire half.

Darwin Núñez had 5 shots. Two excellent chances he completely missed and the only one on frame was right at the goalie. Can Arne Slot somehow get him sorted out when he returns to LFC?

As for England, Southgate was bailed out by his late subs Ollie Watkins (winning goal) and Cole Palmer (the assist) but we neutrals will still question Gareth's starting lineups and substitution timing.

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12287 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not looking to troll but, if the DJT assassination attempt didn't happen, this would likely be top news nationally. What's the word amongst soccer fans about the Copa America-final and the issues around the entrances? Was this an issue at other venues or, Miami greatly underestimated the situation?

Copa America madness spilled beyond the gates inside stadium with escalator destroyed
quote:
The chaos at the Copa America final on Sunday did not stop at the gates.

Video and photos posted on X show an escalator at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens that was allegedly destroyed by fans, with shattered glass everywhere and the handrails collapsed at the bottom.

Geo Milian, a sports reporter in South Florida, posted photos of the scene, which he described as “barbaric and unacceptable!”

Posts: 15109 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Yes my sons wanted to watch and when we turned it on at 9 pm for the start, they had delayed it due to thousands of people without tickets rushing in and then the people WITH tickets got stuck outside and had nowhere to go now that the gate crashers were in their seats.

A real shit show but we shouldn't be too surprised anymore to get Third World behavior here in our country after importing millions of Third World people in scot-free.

This is from a smartass sports blog I follow:

It is Obviously America's Fault that Fans Broke into Hard Rock Stadium and Crawled Through the Ventilation System

https://x.com/ManagerTactical/.../1812652901954638262

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Canada, Mexico and the USA are hosting the largest World Cup ever (48 teams instead of the previous 32) in 2026. FIFA, the three national confederations and all 16 venues have to take a hard look at this and make sure measures are in place so nothing like this $#!tshow happens at ANY of the 104 matches in that tournament.