SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Copa America/UEFA European Championship
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Copa America/UEFA European Championship Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
I’m enjoying the summer competitions going on right now.

Some great games are being played.

USA plays Bolivia today. GO USA !!!

I think Argentina or Brazil will win the Copa America. As far as Europe goes I don’t know.

If you’re in to soccer enjoy the games…

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'm in Germany now and watching Germany vs. Switzerland on TV. I commented to a local friend of how many German flags I've seen flying in private home yards, which is uncommon for Germans. He assured me it due to the current games, not a new sense of national pride.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Good start for the USA with a dominant play 2-0 win.

Christian Pulisic scored about 3 minutes in.

GO USA!!!

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Germany started out in a very easy Group, if they keep playing like this, they are gonna be toast. They barely squeaked by today.

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
My daughter-in-law is from Argentina. So, our family is Messi and Argentina all the way. Smile

Here's my grandson. 10 years old and firmly "indoctrinated" in Argentinian soccer fandom. Big Grin

Posts: 6557 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12254 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
The Dutch have been doing this before every game, they party on the way to the stadium this continues thru out the game, then they walk back to their hotels or the train station.

Can you imagine all the coronaries if American fans tried to do this.

I lived 20 mins from the Dutch border for years, I love those Cheeseheads.

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
The Dutch have been doing this before every game, they party on the way to the stadium this continues thru out the game, then they walk back to their hotels or the train station.

Can you imagine all the coronaries if American fans tried to do this.

I lived 20 mins from the Dutch border for years, I love those Cheeseheads.

I remember a few years back when they competed in the world cup, over 70% of the nation's work force called out sick to watch the game. Imagine that in the USA.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4851 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Italy pulled out a last minute goal to advance out of the group stage and knocked out Croatia.

Good game…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of soccer, but this made me laugh.

https://x.com/Matt_Pinner/status/1805566743844122891

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30862 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
PR64, you can't count Uruguay out. They have beaten both Argentina and Brazil the last time they met. They are in the US team's bracket so we'll find out how good they are soon. They looked really dangerous against Panama.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1895 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I can't support either USA or Canada because their coaches - Berhalter & Marsch - are such arrogant, obnoxious a-holes.

quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
PR64, you can't count Uruguay out. They have beaten both Argentina and Brazil the last time they met. They are in the US team's bracket so we'll find out how good they are soon. They looked really dangerous against Panama.

Unless Darwin Nùñez can put his Liverpool form behind him, Uruguay will struggle.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
The Czechs were robbed yesterday

Posts: 2335 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Always a good day when Mexico loses.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
A little news from the USWNT.

Alex Morgan did not make the Olympic roster.

She’s still hot though…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Disappointing loss for the USA Today.

Weah got tossed 18 minutes in for punching a guy in the head.

We had to play with 10 players for the rest of the game.

Played hard but wore down and gave up a late goal.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
The Euros' expansion to 24 teams has resulted in some different teams advancing to the knockout phase - 5 of which are ranked 40th or lower in the FIFA rankings.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
England pulled out a crazy win today.

With a bicycle kick for the tie in regulation. It was a picturesque goal...

They scored the game winner early in overtime.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Bummer USA is out…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The ref last night at USA-Uruguay was the Angel Hernandez of soccer, holy shit was that bad.

Baseball fans will get that one.

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post