New
Find
Notify
Tools

Working Dogs Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I trust it's OK to post these pictures here, rather than The Gallery; I just thought that many members who don't check there, would want to see these photos. I can move them if you like, para

A couple of these might cause your allergies to act up.

Posts: 13294 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I wish the retirement of these amazing animals would be handle better making certain they spend thier last days in loving homes. They deserve no less. I've heard to many stories heartbreaking stories contrary.

A fav.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Definitely got dusty in here. We don't deserve the love and loyalty of these amazing animals.

quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I wish the retirement of these amazing animals would be handle better making certain they spend thier last days in loving homes. They deserve no less. I've heard to many stories heartbreaking stories contrary.

I posted a story last summer about a local K9 retiring - 2 tours in Afghanistan and 5 years working for our then local county - he also got to work security when President Trump visited Knoxville . You'll like it:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...770082344#2770082344

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
The dogs laid out with the flowers blurs my screen for some reason.

That one dude looks like The Punisher. Looks like a Mastiff with him, don't think I've seen a Mastiff as a working dog before. That'd be damned impressive from the Bad Guy's point of view I should think.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Allergies actin up. Thank you for your service. Thank you for sharing. John

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Worse part about losing one of ours was when they were laid to rest. All were cremated at Hartsdale Pet Cemetery. A organization that has been around since the late 1800's.

https://petcem.com/history/

They are so concerned with their reputation that the pet owners were encouraged to watch the process start so there was no question. I really had a hard time with it.

Now I'm going to have to deal with it alone. Something I'm not looking forward to at all.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I hope this isn't out of line - and I won't post a link - but former SEAL K9 handler Mike Ritland runs the Warrior Dog Foundation, which gives a home to retired SOF working dogs who can't go home with their handler. Definitely worthy of support.

Posts: 6064 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Great pics, Tom. Thanks for posting! Most touching, to me, were the dog laying next to his handler's grave, and the other laying by his handler's flag-draped casket.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Can't post an adequate comment for the tears. The one of the GSD with a prosthetic leg started it, but seeing the injured and fallen just made them flow. Can't imagine the bond of man and animal having been to battle together, the look of (undeserved) adoration my hunting lab gives me can be heart breaking when I think about how little I deserve it. (He also gives a look of "What the hell, Dad? when I miss a bird he's flushed for me...)

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Thanks for sharing, Tom.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Great pics, Tom. Thanks for posting! Most touching, to me, were the dog laying next to his handler's grave, and the other laying by his handler's flag-draped casket.

I’ve got a friend from up here who has a winter home in Congress. Maybe sometime before spring, I’ll come down for a visit. I promise that if I do, I’ll give you a heads-up.

The GSD with its eyes closed and its front legs around the neck of the “Polis” officer gets me, and the dog looks remarkably like our GSD (beyond the obvious pics of working dogs killed in the line of duty). I get a kick out of the dog, in an MRAP I believe, looking back at the camera like, “Fun, huh?”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13294 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
An assemblage of pictures of greatness.

Thank you, to Man's best friend.

Diesel, French K9 police dog killed in service, 2015 in Paris.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting; all awesome pics.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
The dogs laid out with the flowers blurs my screen for some reason.

I get the same image.

No, we are not deserving of our dogs adoration. We can only try to be...

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Such beautiful dogs and beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting that!

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Cool pup on Live PD. They explained that he normally works night shift so when he does work days he wears shades.

Got a kick outta this one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: texassierra,

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Awesome pictures. Thanks.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate your sharing of the photos.

Posts: 901 | Location: Wilmington,NC....I-40 West, use it! | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting the pictures. My sinuses are acting up.

Posts: 782 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post