New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Shield Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I was in a large GM dealership last week and in the service area there are signs saying they will no longer process claims for Car Shield.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Here is their BBB profile:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No surprise. Tried to lowball the dealership..

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
When it sounds too good to be true...............

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to Car Shield specifically, but no shop I've ever worked in likes to - or sometimes even will - deal with these "warranty" companies. It's not just the time spent on the phone. They always want to deny coverage for some chickenshit thing, or "lowball" the repairs by doing them half-assed or using used parts where a new part would be more appropriate.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I can't speak to Car Shield specifically, but no shop I've ever worked in likes to - or sometimes even will - deal with these "warranty" companies. It's not just the time spent on the phone. They always want to deny coverage for some chickenshit thing, or "lowball" the repairs by doing them half-assed or using used parts where a new part would be more appropriate.

Same from me but from a parts department perspective.

Check for the statement “like kind and quality” which means they can specify a used major assembly like an steering column, an A/C compressor, a transfer case, an engine or transmission instead of an OEM replacement part. And if your dealer says they cannot find one at the price they want to pay they will locate one and ship it to your dealer and if the dealer is “lucky” they might give them a small allowance for handling only.

I’ve seen those come in with physical damage from a crash, obvious signs of fluid leakage, someone has been in it and done who knows what, all the things that make you say “what”? Not to mention knocks/noises/oil burning/overheating, none of this found out until it’s started and ran.

Most dealers want nothing to do with those warranties, we know the grief associated with them and the dissatisfaction that the customer has with the process especially when they are hit with additional charges for betterment, parts not covered by the contract, all the things that a factory offered warranty pays for.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post