SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Huge (no kidding) weapons seizure by Spanish police
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge (no kidding) weapons seizure by Spanish police Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, Spanish Police ruined my karma giveaway. Wink

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Probably sent by Eric Holder and Zero in Fast&Furious II.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to know they will be destroyed.

We toured the armory at New Scotland Yard. They had a very nice collection of shotguns that had been turned in they were getting ready to cut up. Made you want to cry.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Interesting how they stack them up. I want that one second from the bottom. Big Grin

Gun Jenga. I'll play!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With apologies to Nicky Santoro "for loosing ten thousand assault rifles, sick or no sick, you knew people were going to get clipped."

Posts: 31 | Location: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: November 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Second picture, Two square stacks, this side of the stage on the right, look like HK G3's

Impressive seizure.

My understanding is that the European "deactivation" of weapons is different that what ATFE requires. Apparently more easily reversible.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The US news media needs to take note, THAT is the proper use of the words "cache" and "arsenal". Not three hunting rifles and a Davis 25ACP.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Nice stack of Brownong M1 .30 cal belt-fed machine guns. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
400 rounds? what's the point of the rest of it?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At BBC.com they have an article titled "Thousands of illegal weapons seized by Spanish police"

They have some walk through video of the weapons. Better pix.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
400 rounds? what's the point of the rest of it?

Given what's in those photos, they very well may have used "shells" correctly to describe mortar or artillery ammunition.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
At BBC.com they have an article titled "Thousands of illegal weapons seized by Spanish police"

They have some walk through video of the weapons. Better pix.

http://www.bbc.com/news/39272611

Video with better photos at the above link.

Everything from bolt action Mausers to a couple different types of CETMEs to several flavors of belt fed MGs to artillery shells.

Nearly all of the weapons appear to be types used at one point or another by the Spanish armed forces. I think some folks in the Spanish military are gonna have some 'splaining to do...

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

I think you're referring to the piles of Browning M2 .50 cal MGs, in the bottom right of the first photo.

(They have the barrels removed.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
More (crappy) photos below. Shown in these photos are least one Mosin-Nagant rifle (which were used by the Soviet-backed Republican forces during the Spanish Civil War), a Soviet PPSh-41, two Beretta M38 SMGs, a couple Thompsons (a M1928A1 and a M1), several types of Spanish Mausers, and a bunch of CETME 58s.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

I think you're referring to the piles of Browning M2 .50 cal MGs, in the bottom right of the first photo.

(They have the barrels removed.)

Holy CRAP! Even better. . .

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Wow. Just freaking, wow.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
The thought of destruction is so horrific it almost makes you want to cheer for the bad guys.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
The thought of destruction is so horrific it almost makes you want to cheer for the bad guys.

Not in the least bit. Imagine what isis or some other nutcase and/or extremist group could have done with those weapons. One guy with a truck killed how many in Nice - imagine just ONE of those belt-fed weapons used on a crowd of innocent people at a mall, school, or festival.

While it is a shame they will be destroyed, thank GOD they were seized.