SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LGS-9MM, .223/.556, Shotguns, Glocks & the supply chain
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGS-9MM, .223/.556, Shotguns, Glocks & the supply chain Login/Join 
posted
Stopped in the LGS two weeks ago. 9mm Ammo continued to be non existent. You can get .40 and .38 and some other calibers but no 9mm. .223/.556, forget it. Did a quick scan of the walls. Shotguns almost gone but there were a few AR's. A look through the display cases, a few suppressors, FN pistols, and to my surprise, two new Glock 43X's. I purchased one of the 43X's. Went back this week to pick it up and 9mm continues to be non existent.

I'd like to be able to restock what i shoot without going into my stack but that seems to be unavoidable. I may sit out matches until we get through November. 'Ammoseek' doesn't appear much better. Either the supply chain cant keep up with the panic demand or something else is going on apart from the usual suspects..

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As everyone says .40 cal is going out of favor. In times like this, I'm glad that I have ONE. Every previous ammo shortage, it seemed like .40 was always on the otherwise bare shelves.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My USPSA matches have not been held since April...they had a steel match last month and someone tested positive for C19 and sent an email/FB post...next month the ranger is gonna be closed for mining the berm and some work...

So I haven’t been shooting...but I’ve seen in central Texas that ammo is unobtainium...

Fortunately, I have enough 5.56 to sustain a good firefight...and a few thousand of pistol ammo...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Premium 9x19mm ammunition is available. Some .223/5.56 is available. 38 special ammo is very scarce and .380 is not to be found.

This is a good time to have a self-loading rifle chambered in .308/7.62x51mm because the chuds don't seem to own any of those, and ammunition is available.

Posts: 107692 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2K of 9mm 124gr ball today.

It’s hit-or-miss from the few places I get my stuff from. When it’s in, order it NOW! Ya wait, it’s gone quick.

Para is right, haven’t had a problem getting 500/1000 of .308/7.62 in premium or ball, and the prices aren’t all that much higher than they were before the BS hit.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8361 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A good reason to have some 'diversity' in your arsenal. Just like the other gun rushes (Sandy Hook, etc), it oddly becomes cheaper to shoot 308 vs 223. There was a year straight when I only shot my SCAR 17 and bolt action 22LRs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7.62x39 seems to be pretty available around here. .308/7.62x51 is spotty but still around too. Besides that it’s just the expensive hunting calibers for bolt guns

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Also a good time to have a 45ACP, ammo is still available and not inflated much.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...no FAL, but do have my late father-in-law’s civilian BAR in .308. Prefer my Tikka Stainless Lite though.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is a good time to have a self-loading rifle chambered in .308/7.62x51mm because the chuds don't seem to own any of those, and ammunition is available.

This is good to know. I hadn't even thought to look for .308.

Posts: 17192 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... chuds.

Snortle.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Premium 9x19mm ammunition is available. Some .223/5.56 is available. 38 special ammo is very scarce and .380 is not to be found.

My PSA AR10 just arrived last Friday. Hope to get it sighted in this weekend.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
At my local Bass Pro, for example, .308 is widely available. I'm glad to have my M&P10 with plenty of ammo for it, and the ability to get more.

6.5 Creedmor is also plentiful, as are other rifle cartridges. I'm thinking about building a 6.5 CM rifle with the AR10 upper I have sitting on the shelf.

At our local Academy stores, ammo for the common calibers is very scarce, and goes fast when they get it in. I have been buying Monarch 7.62x39 steel-cased HP for $5.99 a box. 'caliber diversity' is key during these times.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wxdave,

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My gun club has FMJ 9mm ammo- one box limit, and only for shooters at the range. There are days that they will only sell a box to those who rent their guns. All of my other LGS sources have zero 9mm.

Got my Dillon out of the attic a couple of months ago and it is set for 9mm, and I have been cranking them out since I'm set for components of that caliber. I have been laying off my cases of factory 9mm and just shooting reloads. I have shot .38 special, .45acp, and 5.56 once a month, but for now, it is pretty much 9mm and .22LR Yesterday, I shot only .22LR, nothing else.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Time to dust off the Dillon. Crazy times.

Posts: 12932 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
After the post-Newtown panic subsided I made a point to start laying in ammo stocks. I have several cases of 9mm, .22LR, M193 and M855 now and I'm only shooting maybe a couple hundred rounds a week, so I'm not worried too much. Always on the lookout to bump that up some more though. I would like to find some more .45ACP range ammo though, I'm almost down to shooting reloads there. I just sold my FAL so I've got a pile of 7.62x51 ball and FAL magazines I need to offload.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I just bought a case (1,000) of 9mm from Bass Pro for $212, delivered. Arrived today, less than a week after I placed the order. You have to be diligent in checking the internet and buy when in stock.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
As someone mentioned there's a lit of 6.5CM on the shelves. Also happened up a couple hundred 5.56 at Academy a week ago.

Don't want to go into my stash for range trips but might have to as the Misses needs to go to the range.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a few weeks since I last looked, but along with .308 on hand there was plenty of .30-06 and a fair amount of .303.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently sold 2000 rounds and have enough for 4 more pandemics. I'm not sure how people can be short these days unless you live at the range.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post