Other companies like Axon, Motorola, Verkada & Rekor provide the same or similar services. I wonder when the 'love' will spill over to those companies?
_________________________________________________________________________ “A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.” -- Mark Twain, 1902
September 21, 2026, 06:21 PM
nhtagmember
As soon as those names are widely known.
I knew about two of those.
September 21, 2026, 06:22 PM
KMitch200
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember: couldn't have happened to a nicer company the CEO doesn't understand why we're angry about being surveilled and having information on us sold to unknown customers... duh - you deserve to fail you fukking moron
I hope this Stasi tech crutch goes tits up sooner rather than later.
From HRK’s link: “Software explicitly detecting people, not just plates”
I hope they get a good pic of my middle finger every time I drive by one. The very thing that Flop says they don’t have has now been exposed to be BS.
-------- After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
September 21, 2026, 06:27 PM
Fly-Sig
quote:
In an internal announcement, Flock said the separation program provides “greater agency” for its workers and “treats employees with transparency, respect, and choice.”
Oh the irony of the corporation's concern for transparency, respect, and choice.
September 21, 2026, 06:39 PM
SW_Sig
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK: Other companies like Axon, Motorola, Verkada & Rekor provide the same or similar services. I wonder when the 'love' will spill over to those companies?
It already has. Most LPR cameras look similar. Many others have been damaged and stolen.
Flock is not the largest LPR shared network.
September 21, 2026, 06:49 PM
egregore
September 21, 2026, 07:03 PM
konata88
Sweet the irony would be if the ceo was wrongly arrested like others because of their cameras.
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
September 21, 2026, 07:14 PM
Jupiter
The government could pass a law requiring a camera in every room of your home, and you would still have some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes. This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jupiter,
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
September 21, 2026, 07:17 PM
a1abdj
quote:
some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes.
If you're not doing anything wrong, they have nothing to fap about.
some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes.
If you're not doing anything wrong, they have nothing to fap about.
Jawohl comrade
Exactly who is going to determine if I did something wrong, a1abdj?
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
September 21, 2026, 07:41 PM
jed7s9b
I assume the generous buy out offer includes a muzzle for that former employee who takes it.
“That’s what.” - She
September 21, 2026, 07:47 PM
Jupiter
quote:
Originally posted by jed7s9b: I assume the generous buy out offer includes a muzzle for that former employee who takes it.
You know it.
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
September 22, 2026, 07:37 AM
egregore
Deleted, no longer needed.This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,
September 22, 2026, 08:19 AM
Fly-Sig
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
The government could pass a law requiring a camera in every room of your home, and you would still have some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes.
Sometimes I quip to anti-gunners that I could eliminate "gun crime" were I the King, but they wouldn't like what it I would have to do in order to get there. Door to door warrantless searches, etc.
But history informs us that even the most draconian governments do poorly at preventing crime. All the measures supposedly to make people safer just turn the government into the violent thugs, along with the existing criminals.
September 22, 2026, 08:33 AM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig: But history informs us that even the most draconian governments do poorly at preventing crime.
I have read many accounts about Soviet Russia, and although I suspect that some book publishers got queasy at the thought of disclosing what life was truly like under that system, what you mention was something that leaked through in the past, and even more so these days.
I’m currently reading the book Redwood by Ben Macintyre which is about a KGB agent who became a spy for the UK after the Iranian revolution in 1979. KGB personnel were at the top of the “classless” Soviet society, and the REDWOOD agent became disgusted with the corruption he saw among his peers, and about the system in general, and which partially led to his defection.
One early Christian church father believed that one of the pleasures of being in Heaven would be to watch the torments of those in Hell. If I believed in that myself, a definite source of afterlife satisfaction would be to see how Socialism and other forms of government control of everyone’s lives worked out for those who support them today without actually experiencing them now.
“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” — Plato
September 22, 2026, 10:55 AM
Jupiter
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter: The government could pass a law requiring a camera in every room of your home, and you would still have some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes.
Rephrase or delete the bolded part. It makes it look like I hold this view, which I clearly (as should have been obvious by other posts) do not.
I believe most folks know these were my words and not yours but out of respect for you, egregore, I will remove your meme that I was responding to.
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
September 22, 2026, 11:04 AM
egregore
No worries, Jupiter.
September 24, 2026, 08:00 AM
Jupiter
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig: But history informs us that even the most draconian governments do poorly at preventing crime.
I have read many accounts about Soviet Russia, and although I suspect that some book publishers got queasy at the thought of disclosing what life was truly like under that system, what you mention was something that leaked through in the past, and even more so these days.
No doubt you have run across this quote before. “Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime”
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell