SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flock Cameras, AI and their assault on privacy
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Flock Cameras, AI and their assault on privacy Login/Join 
Member
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Other companies like Axon, Motorola, Verkada & Rekor provide the same or similar services. I wonder when the 'love' will spill over to those companies?


_________________________________________________________________________
“A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.”
-- Mark Twain, 1902
 
Posts: 10587 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
As soon as those names are widely known.

I knew about two of those.
 
Posts: 55337 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
couldn't have happened to a nicer company
the CEO doesn't understand why we're angry about being surveilled and having information on us sold to unknown customers...
duh - you deserve to fail you fukking moron

I hope this Stasi tech crutch goes tits up sooner rather than later.

From HRK’s link: “Software explicitly detecting people, not just plates”

I hope they get a good pic of my middle finger every time I drive by one.
The very thing that Flop says they don’t have has now been exposed to be BS.


--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
 
Posts: 4550 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

In an internal announcement, Flock said the separation program provides “greater agency” for its workers and “treats employees with transparency, respect, and choice.”


Oh the irony of the corporation's concern for transparency, respect, and choice.
 
Posts: 11497 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Other companies like Axon, Motorola, Verkada & Rekor provide the same or similar services. I wonder when the 'love' will spill over to those companies?


It already has. Most LPR cameras look similar. Many others have been damaged and stolen.

Flock is not the largest LPR shared network.
 
Posts: 1422 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 32058 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Sweet the irony would be if the ceo was wrongly arrested like others because of their cameras.




"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
 
Posts: 15136 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
The government could pass a law requiring a camera in every room of your home, and you would still have some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jupiter,


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes.



If you're not doing anything wrong, they have nothing to fap about.


________________________



www.zykansafe.com
 
Posts: 16382 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes.



If you're not doing anything wrong, they have nothing to fap about.


Jawohl comrade

Exactly who is going to determine if I did something wrong, a1abdj?


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I assume the generous buy out offer includes a muzzle for that former employee who takes it.


“That’s what.” - She
 
Posts: 651 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jed7s9b:
I assume the generous buy out offer includes a muzzle for that former employee who takes it.


You know it.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jawohl comrade


I think that one went over your head. Big Grin


________________________



www.zykansafe.com
 
Posts: 16382 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Jawohl comrade


I think that one went over your head. Big Grin


I need to brush up on my internet slang. Big Grin


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Deleted, no longer needed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,
 
Posts: 32058 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

The government could pass a law requiring a camera in every room of your home, and you would still have some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes. Roll Eyes


Sometimes I quip to anti-gunners that I could eliminate "gun crime" were I the King, but they wouldn't like what it I would have to do in order to get there. Door to door warrantless searches, etc.

But history informs us that even the most draconian governments do poorly at preventing crime. All the measures supposedly to make people safer just turn the government into the violent thugs, along with the existing criminals.
 
Posts: 11497 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
But history informs us that even the most draconian governments do poorly at preventing crime.

I have read many accounts about Soviet Russia, and although I suspect that some book publishers got queasy at the thought of disclosing what life was truly like under that system, what you mention was something that leaked through in the past, and even more so these days.

I’m currently reading the book Redwood by Ben Macintyre which is about a KGB agent who became a spy for the UK after the Iranian revolution in 1979. KGB personnel were at the top of the “classless” Soviet society, and the REDWOOD agent became disgusted with the corruption he saw among his peers, and about the system in general, and which partially led to his defection.

One early Christian church father believed that one of the pleasures of being in Heaven would be to watch the torments of those in Hell. If I believed in that myself, a definite source of afterlife satisfaction would be to see how Socialism and other forms of government control of everyone’s lives worked out for those who support them today without actually experiencing them now.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 49959 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
The government could pass a law requiring a camera in every room of your home, and you would still have some in LE defend it because it helps solve crimes. Roll Eyes


Rephrase or delete the bolded part. It makes it look like I hold this view, which I clearly (as should have been obvious by other posts) do not.


I believe most folks know these were my words and not yours but out of respect for you, egregore, I will remove your meme that I was responding to.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
No worries, Jupiter.
 
Posts: 32058 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
But history informs us that even the most draconian governments do poorly at preventing crime.

I have read many accounts about Soviet Russia, and although I suspect that some book publishers got queasy at the thought of disclosing what life was truly like under that system, what you mention was something that leaked through in the past, and even more so these days.



No doubt you have run across this quote before. “Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime”


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flock Cameras, AI and their assault on privacy

© SIGforum 2026