SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ipad file transfer help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ipad file transfer help Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
Looking for a way to access my daughter's Ipad to copy her Minecraft worlds before deleting and re-installing the app... (it started crashing on opening, just white screen, quick Mojang logo, then revert to home screen).

She had built some amazing worlds, and I'd hate for her to lose them.

There must be some third-party app that works like Windows Explorer, that would allow me to access the Ipad files, right?

Or am I missing some easier way?

Thanks

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

There must be some third-party app that works like Windows Explorer, that would allow me to access the Ipad files, right?

Nope. Ios sandboxes each app and they can not cross pollinate. You won't get an app that can back up another app.

You can with iTunes on a computer though. Full backup easily, pick and choose just your worlds more difficult, but you can.

You just have to have a computer to do it with, no simple app job

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Only way is to do a full encrypted backup in iTunes. Once you are ready to reinstall on the iPad or a newer one, then you restore the encrypted backup via iTunes.

I have never played Minecraft, but I would think the worlds she built are saved in the game’s server and not on the actual iPad. Either way, the best way to ever restore an iPad is with a full encrypted backup to a computer via iTunes.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lee40215
posted Hide Post
Thinking Game Center should also have her games backed up

Posts: 1097 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about Minecraft but..

hook up to iTunes to backup, scroll down and there is a section that allows data downloading to the main computer and not within iTunes.

I have a number of apps that allow you to do this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Backup then restore in iTunes. Easy.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post