SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody recommend some decent tires
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody recommend some decent tires Login/Join 
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Discount Tire has Uniroyal Laredo Cross Countries in your size. Your local store may have to order them but that will only take a couple of days. They are $118 per tire so that should come close to hitting your $500 otd requirement.

I have no experience with these. My Jeep has 9 year old 225/75R15 Toyo Open Country tires which I have been happy enough with. But I see they are something like $170 per tire now! So if I needed new tires on the Jeep this week, I would take a long hard look at these Uniroyals.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
That’s a strange tire and wheel. I used to have an old girlfriend who drive some kind of small Chevy suv/car. Only tire in town I could find was Firestone…at the dealership…figure that!?

Have you checked Simpletire?

They have 77 tires in that size with reviews an ratings. Here you go…

https://simpletire.com/tire-sizes/215-75r15

72 of which are brands no one has ever heard of which is why I asked about the size. The only tire Goodyear makes in that size is their Endurance trailer tire. Great USA made trailer tire btw. Looking at 2wd S10 OEM sizes didn’t yield a better selection of tires either.

Toyo makes their M55 in that size, but it’s $200 a pop. Same for the BFGoodrich K02. There’s a Kelly in a close size for about $100.

I think the best you can do is put the year, make, and model in on the various retailers websites and see what comes up. Good luck.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think factory is 205/75-15. I have been driving these trucks for 20 years and am noticing there is a decline in parts availability for a lot of things. I'll look online to see what I can find since my local tire shop is under new management and I'm not a fan.
I'll look into the uniroyals as I've worn out one factory set on the first truck I had.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Wolfe 21
Depending on what part of Ohio your Egypt is in, a member here, krazeehorse has a tire shop between Marion and Lima. I’m sure he’d steer you in the right direction.
My neighbor has a 10 yr old Lexus SUV, he was telling me the General RT 43 was the best tire he has ever had.
Fast forward a year and needed a new set for an 05 Lexus 330. The same shop recommended General RT 45. He was right. It’s the quietest, smoothest ride I’ve ever had on a vehicle. 75K warranty. Give them a look.
On that simple tire website they were less than $100 per tire. That’s before installation. Good Luck.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post