SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sucker Puncher vs. Concealed Carrier…video in Twitter link
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sucker Puncher vs. Concealed Carrier…video in Twitter link Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
https://twitter.com/eclipsethi.../1568009704877719552

Just putting this out here. Not sure of the justification and legality of actions from the sucker punched victim, though I don’t blame him for his reaction and FULLY understand it. My thought is, “Stupid should hurt”. And it looks like it did.

Safe day to all…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Understandable. Have a great day

Posts: 2017 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh well

Posts: 107682 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That may be a little hard to justify. The puncher seemed to be done punching, and the guy who got punched left, and then came back to shoot the guy.

I am sympathetic, but the shooter could be in trouble.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
He won’t be sucker punching anyone again.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11300 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Hockey gods say play on. Worked itself out.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6977 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I suspect the victim would've been in a better legal position had he not stepped outside and then came back in before smoking Mr. Sucker Punch.

Posts: 11363 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Is that a security camera that someone is panning and zooming in real time?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's cellphone video of a TV monitor.

Posts: 107682 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I suspect the victim would've been in a better legal position had he not stepped outside and then came back in before smoking Mr. Sucker Punch.

I gotta agree, that isn't looking too good for him

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5134 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'd like to thank the shooter for taking the time to make our world a slightly better place.
In a sane world he'd have been handed a store gift card on the spot for his public service.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Did the shooter stick around? I don't see him re-enter the frame.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I would be shocked if this guy (the leaky one) can't be shown to be doing this kind of shit on a regular basis.

I expect a defense attorney to illustrate that the 'victim' constituted a reign of terror in that school (if not a whole area) that ended when he got ventilated.

But I'm also sure the shooter will receive a life sentence. It is Chicago after all.

If this was an episode of Gunsmoke, the shooter would be having drinks bought for him at the saloon before the music swells and the credits roll.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I like the big guy who ran to the end of the hall when dip-shit took his hot lead injection, then strolls by him as if he's not there right afterwards.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Sucker Puncher got what he deserved.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I hate to say it, but it's looking more and more like this is what it is going to take.

Paraphrasing Tom Cotton from the other day, these people are animals preying on us. They need to either be incarcerated or executed.

Posts: 20122 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
When someone does a "warm reboot" on another, the time it takes the operating system to reload, basic functions (self preservation, fight or flight) are pretty much what is driving.

I doubt he was doing calculus, mostly using all his fingers to count to one.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I like the big guy who ran to the end of the hall when dip-shit took his hot lead injection, then strolls by him as if he's not there right afterwards.

I noticed that as well. FWIW, my read; the moment he saw the gun presented, immediately followed by the gunshot, with a single round that narrowly missed him by, what, maybe a foot or so? He did what most of us would do, and ran in the opposite direction of the shooter/ gun that posed the biggest immediate threat, after a short distance and time, he turns to re-evaluate the situation.

Once he determines the shooter/ gun were no longer located in the doorway he quickly approaches the glass door to see where they went, and he quickly passes the sucker puncher perp and barely sees him laying low on the ground, and likely assumes that he is like everyone else in the vicinity and either ran or dropped to the ground. At the time he passed him I don't think he even realized sucker puncher perp had been shot.

I could well be wrong, but the way the tall guy who ran behaved in so quickly trying to break up and separate the two groups after the sucker punch, he struck me as some sort of authority figure. It looked like sucker puncher perp's buddy was immediately queued up for round 2, and the shooter may well have perceived 2 threats, but only chose to engage the one who hit him.

I'd be willing to bet that if more of the surveillance video was shown, viewers would see the events that led up to a confrontation and the sucker punch. It could be that the shooter had already been threatened or hit prior to this punch and decided to start carrying a gun for the next time it happened.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Upon further review...

From a anatomic/physiologic perspective, it's interesting that after a shot to the left upper chest, his right arm is gimped. That's nowhere near his opposite brachial plexus. Perhaps the bullet hit a rib and fragmented, taking out his left carotid/aorta.

I'd like to see that autopsy.

Posts: 20122 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

You might be right.

At first, he still has control of his right arm, but it goes away pretty quickly.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post