SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a Heads Up Display for my F-150
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Heads Up Display for my F-150 Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
I just bought a truck. My Mazda 3 has a nice heads up display that shows MPH and Nav turns. I'd like something to put in my truck as I've gotten spoiled with my Mazda.

Anyone tried an after market unit with success? I've scoured the web but review are sketchy and contradictory.

Thanks,
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
IDK about stand-alone devices or if you have a subscription service, but I'll throw out an option,if you're not already aware of it. Sygic navigation has the ability to use your phone to project HUD. There are review videos on YT.

I don't have it on my phone (iPhone), although I have it on my Android head unit. I can't tether or mirror between the two different OS, so I can't personally attest to it.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Helmet or windshield mounted?

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I need to read thread titles slower..I read "Looking For a Heads Up Display For My F-15" and though "that would be awesome..."

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I looked into changing out the radio/AC center on my 2005 with one that had the nice electronics .... 3500.oo+.
Oh well after market, plug it in, set it on the dash will do fine !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here's an el-cheapo way to do it:

https://www.amazon.com/Display...igator/dp/B06XVVVPMS

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I need to read thread titles slower..I read "Looking For a Heads Up Display For My F-15" and though "that would be awesome..."

I was under the impression that an HUD was standard equipment on these babies.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

Well, that is better than thinking he might be wearing a helmet in his truck....

quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
Helmet or windshield mounted?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post