SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Genuinely stupid sovereign citizen
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Genuinely stupid sovereign citizen Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sure, there's an element of metal illness, gullibility, and/or stupidity. But it's mostly plain old wishful thinking.

They hope/believe that they've discovered that "one weird trick" whereby if they string together just the right combination of pseudo-legal mumbo-jumbo in the right order, all their legal troubles will just magically go away.

Posts: 32528 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I think we should find a little piece of land somewhere for them. We can transplant each and every one of them there. We'll need a fence around it, or better yet an island.

We can give them their very own sovereign little country. How about naming it The Free Country Of Granola? Fruity nutty and flakey.

They want to live in their very own nutty little country? Fine, by all means, go ahead. Stay there. Don't leave it. Come here and obey our laws or stay home!

Posts: 11856 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
25 years ago I had contact with an actual family of 'Freemen' who had quite a spiel. It is related in the limited google-fu recently completed.

I hesitate to link the address, as those interested can find it themselves easily enought.

Here's a quote from an opening page:
Enjoy yourself/WARNING/WARNING/WARNING

"FREEMAN ON THE LAND"

“Freeman on the Land” is a term that is commonly used and synonymous with “a sovereign”; or somebody effectively trying to untangle themselves from a web of de-facto-government-contract complexity that has resulted in a diminishment of their natural rights. However, it is a complex web and maze and various websites and conversations have popped up by thousands of people trying to figure out how to untangle the situation we are all in. We believe we have a process, that is proven to work, to untangle that web – it is called the Secured Party Creditor filings. We specifically named our website “Understand Contract Law And You Win” because we mean to do just that, and provide you only information proven to be successful.

Most people say and believe they are free because they merely assert that they are. But when put to the test, nothing could be further from reality. When faced with an accusation of failing to follow the codes or statutes of the local municipality or any legislatively or bureaucratically-pushed and passed statutory law, in fact one of the millions of laws you never consented to…you have to be recognized more as a “freeman” / sovereign / or private citizen as your STATUS with that government entity. The entity is always looking at the status in their computer system, designated next to the name they are accosting, before any arrests or prosecutions are made. So, we want to make sure that you know, that your mere assertion of your freedom is not going to cut it and update the public records about who you are and your capacity.
The “Freeman” movement (or Freemen) has gone viral in both the liberty movement and the self-taught law student niche has a mix of kinds of people…..and of course, once again, the government is soon to call them a “domestic terrorist threat” and tie the whole peaceful movement with violence due to the acts of some rotten apples to try to reduce the legitimacy and public perception of these mostly peaceful and sincere individuals.

Those who call themselves Freeman on the Land are just men and women who are reclaiming their sovereignty and unalienable natural rights. This can be attempted via administrative processes, by eliminating adhesion contracts, or even just by not consenting to fall under the jurisdiction of the court when they go into court and by instead claiming common law jurisdiction, or a variety of processes.

Freeman on the Land assert they are “living, flesh and blood, sentient beings” and not the corporate fiction that is created by the state when the birth certificate application was filled out by their mother.

They assert that they have the right to live on the land under Common Law and Natural Law, without being subject to codes and statutes which they do not consent to. The idea is that statutory law is only applicable to those that consent to it and contract with the government in exchange for benefits."

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
there's an element of metal illness, gullibility, and/or stupidity. But it's mostly plain old wishful thinking.

this is a pretty accurate summary

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Sure, there's an element of metal illness, gullibility, and/or stupidity. But it's mostly plain old wishful thinking.

They hope/believe that they've discovered that "one weird trick" whereby if they string together just the right combination of pseudo-legal mumbo-jumbo in the right order, all their legal troubles will just magically go away.

I think that is it for those that aren't just con men.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once in my 29 year career, I got to deal with one of these "sovereign citizens". Left me shaking my head for days.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3480 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

So they are liberals then?

Posts: 10973 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That is full blown, swinging-a-cat-by-the-tail crazy. These imbeciles really believe the rhetoric they spew. I would LOVE to be in the court room when she tries to continue this with the judge. Truly.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15601 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
LOL!!! Dear God, Para, that was the best laugh I had in a while. Oh, and TELL JOHN ROGERS!!

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hey, check it out. It's a Freeman on the land.

Posts: 107642 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sovereign citizen’s cell mates have an honest to goodness eighth amendment case as it’d be cruel and unusual punishment to spend time in a cell with that ilk.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10-8
Picture of Apphunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Brunswick county. It makes sense now. Big Grin

Don't dog on my people. My mom's family is from down there. My brother and I used to go help my grandfather on his horse farm and chase tail. If they were local girls we had to find out their mom's maiden name to make sure we weren't kin.

I love that place but it sure has some nice ones down there.

Posts: 915 | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
It seems that every one of these sovereign citizens that I see on youtube (never seen one in person, thank God) has two things in common. First and most importantly they are stupid, really stupid. Two, they never stop talking. No matter what anyone says or does they will not stop talking. Well at least they don't stop until they meet Mr Taser. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1690 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I realize the dispatcher has to stay professional and play it by the numbers, but he should have responded to the request for his name with:

"I will not give you my name because I do not want to create joinder with you". Big Grin

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Here is some "explanation" of their beliefs:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post