SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm Looking For A Property In Southern Missouri
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Looking For A Property In Southern Missouri Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Has anyone tried Lamberts in Ozark Missouri, home of the "throwed rolls"?

No, purely because everyone I know that has been there says "don't bother".

Well, perhaps we should meet there and you judge for yourself. Sikeston isn’t that far from you.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've researched Joplin MO a bit. Seems like a boring town with nice people which is exactly what we're looking for. Property prices are reasonable as hell. Thoughts from the SigForum brain trust?

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I like the area around Cape Girardeau/Jackson. It’s rabid Trump country. Democrats don’t do well, in even local elections. The home of Rush Limbaugh.

And Sikeston has a Lambert’s. I like the rolls. They also have great chicken and dumplings.

Cape is a couple of hours from everywhere.

Scott City (2 exits south of Cape) is where M-11 Jr. is the Chief of Police. Just sayin'...

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I like the area around Cape Girardeau/Jackson. It’s rabid Trump country. Democrats don’t do well, in even local elections. The home of Rush Limbaugh.

And Sikeston has a Lambert’s. I like the rolls. They also have great chicken and dumplings.

Cape is a couple of hours from everywhere.

Scott City (2 exits south of Cape) is where M-11 Jr. is the Chief of Police. Just sayin'...

Then we know a lot of the same people. I just had lunch with one of the judges there yesterday.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
topherh, thanks for reminding me that it was Lexington, Mo. I only was there once while visiting some friends from near there. That was 30 + yrs ago. I do remember seeing the cannonball though lol

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to Missouri's Rhineland area, west of St. Louis to east of Jefferson City along the Missouri River, that is where I grew up. Good German conservative area, western St. Charles, Franklin, Warren, Gasconade, Osage Counties and a few others.

We'd go to Lake of the Ozarks for a week every summer growing up and did Table Rock once or twice, but southern Missouri is completely different than central Missouri or northern Missouri. The south is sweet tea and alot of Arkansas as far as I remember, central is alot of rolling hills in between the STL, Columbia, and KC areas and nothern is much like Iowa. I went to undergrad in Kirksville, northern Missouri is a bit more scenic than much of Iowa, but I miss Missouri's Ozarks.

Posts: 2522 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
You'll also be close to Big Cedar - Bass Pro's awesome resort on Table Rock Lake. You don't have to be staying there to go and check it out. They have a world class shotgun range with every type of activity, sporting, wobble, 5 stand, etc. Also, be sure to go to the Buzzard Bar at the main Resort and see Clay Self do his Music/Comedy act - it's hilarious! Big Grin

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3927 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I believe all of the areas mentioned are nice. Joplin was the site of a pretty horrific tornado several years back. At a minimum I would make sure any home you are looking at has a basement, and better if it had a storm shelter.

I have family down in the Cape/Scott area, including Advance (that's pronounce Ad-Vance) if you're ever talking to somebody from the area. My aunt used to love eating at Lambert's, and usually did so at least once a week.

Later in her life she was going blind and we came down to visit. We took her to Lambert's for dinner, and that's when instinctively she put up her hands for another roll. Straight to the face since she couldn't see it coming. One of my better memories with her.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post