SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Traveling and juice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling and juice Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Spent a few weeks in Japan traveling around. I've consistently noticed a few things:

1) I never drink tomato juice in the US. Generally too thick, too chemical tasting, too salty. Tomato juice here has been very nice - fresh, good tomato taste.

2) Apple juice in the US, especially fresh pressed from local orchards is pretty good. And I'll drink stuff from the supermarket cartons. But the apple juice in Japan has been exceptional. Not sure what apples they use (Fuji?) versus the US but I definitely prefer the apple juice here. Even the stuff in cartons.

3) I drink a lot of water when at home. When traveling, I find it hard for me to buy water when juice is the same price. I'm probably drinking way too much juice and sugar. But I have a hard time paying the same price for water.

4) Grape juice is very common here. And it tastes great. For awhile. I find I get tired of grape juice pretty quickly relative to orange and apple juices.

Side note: I love NY pizza. I've been craving pizza. Pasta is excellent here but pizza here still sucks. Not sure why they can't get pizza right. And Italian food here is in fashion now.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12751 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Drinking that much juice, don't trust a fart Eek

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Please forward a billing address for my new keyboard!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
The japanese have a higher standard for their foodstuffs.

It's part competition and part expectation.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reason all the juice tastes way better because it's actually is juice.
Most of our stuff including organic juice is very little fruit juice and mostly chemicals.

I raise a few hogs fo meat, the meat looks, smells and tastes nothing like store bought stuff even the "organic".

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
you're likely not just drinking flavored con syrup.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post