SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Navy Sinks Houthi Boats
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Navy Sinks Houthi Boats Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised Great Britain didn't destroy every base they had after they sunk a British ship recently.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A Swiss owned freighter flagged in Belize, carrying fertilizer sunk a few days ago.

I thought that was the only ship lost so far...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
A Swiss owned freighter flagged in Belize, carrying fertilizer sunk a few days ago.

I thought that was the only ship lost so far...

Here's the British owned ship article.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Same ship. I don't where I "read" Swiss owned.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...-in-conflict-5599214

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I'm surprised Great Britain didn't destroy every base they had after they sunk a British ship recently.

Because Londonstan would burn.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
USS Carney back in action a few hours ago

https://apnews.com/article/yem...216a787b39912bd969e0

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have a solution

arm all the ships, let them go weapons free on ANY intruder

before the ship docks in port, offload the weapons to a second vessel and let it sit outside territorial waters

no prisoners, only casualties

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I have a solution

no prisoners, only casualties

Lots of wisdom here. Once violence is the chosen tool, that's exactly how it should be used to receive desired effects. Use it differently, and it doesn't work: the enemy makes different calculations. GWOT made this truth painfully clear, but we've learned no lessons. The same people who lost that war are waging this one, expect similarly disappointing results.

Our general officer core in the military is too retarded to understand the simple concept, despite their lofty education & years of studying.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
agreed, and I'm not sure I'd call their education 'lofty'

I know lots of academy grads that are really intelligent and want to do the right thing

none of them ever become senior leadership because they don't drink from the fountain of social engineering and mediocrity

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fatalities Reported, Crew Abandons Ship After Houthi Missile Attack; US & Allies Sending Warships

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...-attack-damages-ship

Attacks on commercial vessels in the Red Sea continue to escalate and risk sparking a regional conflict as President Biden's Operation Prosperity Guardian to shield ships from Iran-backed Houthi attacks miserably fails. The latest incident involves a commodity ship hit by at least one anti-ship ballistic missile in the Gulf of Aden, close to the Bab al-Mandab Strait, marking the first fatality of crew members of the multi-month Red Sea crisis.

"Two killed and six injured in a Houthi missile strikes on the MV True Confidence, a Liberian-owned vessel, in the Red Sea today, per two US officials," Politico's Pentagon reporter Lara Seligman posted on X.

Seligman said, "These are the first fatalities of the Houthi campaign against international shipping since November."

more at link

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Time to exercise the B52s.....just a small flight - say...fifty?

Posts: 11328 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I like the way you think! [like button]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Used to be sinking ships and killing sailors was enough to evoke a response. Even if it's not from us, why isn't someone destroying the houthies?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The Houthies have been waving their middle fingers at the world too long. Absolutely they need to be blown into obscurity.

And the head of the snake - Iran. They claim they are not directing these proxies but are funding and supplying them weapons. Seems to me that puts them hard in bed with all the proxies. They need to be neutered.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
The Houthies have been waving their middle fingers at the world too long. Absolutely they need to be blown into obscurity.

And the head of the snake - Iran.... They need to be neutered.

From the neck, up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Time to exercise the B52s.....just a small flight - say...fifty?
Hmmm, don’t know anything about the munitions they carry, so this might not work, but maybe a couple of them could get “lost” and send a couple of Iranian tubs to the bottom while they were at it?

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJgEVUSbsFQ

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ We need a multi nation coalition in order to blow up some rebel terrorists?

Fuck... How far we have fallen.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
DUBAI — The ongoing strikes on ships in the Red Sea by Iranian-backed Houthi militias took their first lives on Thursday, with two sailors aboard the commercial vessel MV True Confidence killed by incoming fire. It’s a tragic, but almost inevitable, step in the Houthi campaign of launching missiles against commercial ships, as the Yemeni group attempts to disrupt trade and commerce in the region.

But the worst could still be coming, experts say, thanks to the impressive technological leaps the Houthis have shown in the realm of ballistic missiles.

The Houthis already made history in becoming the first group to successfully strike a naval vessel with a ballistic missile, and experts tell Breaking Defense the weapons have shown enough range to reach US bases in the region and threaten strategic choke points in the Middle East. Making matters worse: analysts warn it is likely that America’s premiere challengers, China and Russia, are studying how the weapons have succeeded and what danger they pose to US air defenses, in an effort to find a chink in Western armor.

Breaking Defense Article

This is the last paragraph of the news story. There’s more at stake here than trade in the Med and Persian Gulf.
quote:
It stands to reason that the Russians and Chinese are watching closely to see how US and Israeli-made systems intercept the weapons the Houthis are firing. In essence, these strikes are doing R&D testing for Moscow and Beijing — an indirect threat, but a threat nonetheless, from the proliferation of these ballistic weapons in the region.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It stands to reason that the Russians and Chinese are watching closely to see how US and Israeli-made systems intercept the weapons the Houthis are firing. In essence, these strikes are doing R&D testing for Moscow and Beijing — an indirect threat, but a threat nonetheless, from the proliferation of these ballistic weapons in the region.

There's very little sense in that statement.
Anybody who's paying attention and in the neighborhood is seeing how weapons and sensors perform. The more important and salient fact is, those employing those weapons and sensors are ACTUALLY seeing how they perform, under real world conditions thus, able to extrapolate the necessary data to make improvements. In short, Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles fired at various ships, at various angles & trajectories have been intercepted at a very high success-rate. Drones, once feared to be too small for air search and targeting radars to pick-up, are visible and trackable. The Western air defense systems are working, period. The next questions is dealing with the shooters and their motivations.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post