SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brian Dennehey dead at 81. RIP sir!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brian Dennehey dead at 81. RIP sir! Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Damn, he was a good one. RIP Mr. Dennehey

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9370 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was a great villain in Gladiator. Not the Russell Crowe one, the one with Cuba Gooding jr about boxing.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see him go. He was one of the good ones.

RIP Mr. Dennehy.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2095 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed his movies.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Looking at his list of roles he sure had a great run. He'll always be the a-hole sheriff that shoulda just let that man get something to eat to me. Wink

quote:
He was a great villain in Gladiator. Not the Russell Crowe one, the one with Cuba Gooding jr about boxing.

The top of the head is the hardest part of the body.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi Leatherneck.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP. He had a one time little roll in an episode of MASH and I thought he was great in Tommy Boy!!!! Don’t deny it!!!

Posts: 4067 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
While he didn't always play a "bad guy", he quite often played someone you didn't particularly like. Smile

RIP Mr. Dennehey.
The man who uttered the words that got me in a lot of trouble in my life. "..how do you beat boredom Tyler? Adventure!"

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is one of my favorite actors.

I enjoyed the TV roles he had in Just Shoot Me, Law and Order SVU, and Hunter.

I forgot his role in the movie Gladiator.

He also had a unique background.

Besides serving in the USMC, he also earned a football scholarship to Columbia where he earned a BA in History, along with playing rugby.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Loved him in many things he played in, including more recently as the old man Dominic on The Black List. But Rambo!!! That was a classic play for him.

Posts: 11399 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
RIP Brian. Para, thanks for sharing the movie. Just finished watching it. He sure was a good bad dude.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: coloradohunter44,

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn.

Dude was boss.

RIP, sir.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Rambo, briefly...

I've only ever seen it twice. Once way back then, I was younger, it had explosions and badassery, period.

And once again maybe 5yrs ago, at ~45yo.

Holy shit did I identify with Rambo's character. I don't think I ever thought that before, all along.

Such a random thing to notice maybe, and I've never been a drifter, etc. But something must've resonated.

(shrug)

Hadn't thought about it since, but BD's passing and this thread jostled that random Rambo memory.

Maybe I just paid real attention to the story the second time. I dunno.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
He just had that bad ass persona. I always liked him. RIP big boy!

I think the Law and order episode he was in was one of the best, if not the very best.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19253 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine posted this to his FB page. We listen to this all the time when we’re feeling nostalgic about Chicago...

http://youtu.be/GLI5OJsDO78

Serengeti - “Dennehy Bulls”

P.S. can someone remind me how to imbed a YouTube video?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Great actor, sounds like he was a good guy too.

RIP

Posts: 5158 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez, It turns out that according to Wiki , I missed more than half of his movies, over the years.
I had no Idea that he was in SO many killer , murder , killing movies. Eek
He had a very good run between the movies and tv.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54711 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Just the other week I watched a couple of movies with him as a grizzled detective. Seems like it was a series of TV movies, but they were fun.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16191 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post