SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Driving in the country
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driving in the country Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Hopefully, in a patch of poison ivy....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's my barn and no you can't have any wood off of it.

Posts: 7021 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
They got sick of tourists asking them the names of the trees,

That's the first one in this thread that sounds unreasonable. If the park ranger doesn't want to help park goers with tree names, he's in the wrong job. I'm going to guess that its one of the services most parks offer. They help the unwashed with little things like that. Unless the name of the tree is Joe or Mary.

It should come as no surprise that sometimes I'm a prick. Just like the other posters in this thread. We live in a riverfront area that has a huge annual fireworks display (coming up on Labor Day). I'm not sure who really is to blame for the toilet shortage. A half million people show up to drink and watch the fireworks. Never giving a thought to where they'll go potty. They do know where to dispose of the empty beer cans and bottles. Yes, that would be my front and side yard. On some good (or bad) years, I've picked up more than a full contractor size trash bag the next morning.

During the party, almost all the women discover they drank more than they can hold. The pretty ones are allowed to use my bathroom, but only with a guard, usually one of my sons. They're uncomfortable with it, as they should be. The ugly ones are turned away. My choice, not theirs. The yard used to be fenced. Some managed to climb the fence to use my yard. Almost all the guys, me included, piss out back. It cuts the traffic in half inside. My buddy Wes, a retired cop, was out back behind my garage. Its a terrace and he was maybe 3' or so lower than the preferred trees up a level. So a young female, surely not a lady, was squatted above, relieving herself. Too much for my buddy. As she was finishing, he commented "nice". She screamed and ran, pulling up her clothes as she went. His logic was flawless. He saw she hand a napkin or wipe in one hand. He figured had he just watched, she'd have used it and tossed in on my yard. So he viewed the action but commented before wiping was time. One of her companions kind of heard it and offered to come inside the fence and kick his ass. He was agreeable, suggesting the male "come on pal, we'll see where that goes". The guy was more mouth than fight. Moral to the story is if you don't want others to see your girls cooter, don't have her show it in other peoples yards.

We rebuilt 7 years ago. Now there are no private or semiprivate places to go in my yard. I know, it was a mistake. And my front deck doesn't lend itself to pissing off it. A rule of life is to not buy a house where you can't piss in the yard. The design is my wife's. My young grandson goes in the yard when necessary, and I support his decisions.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post