SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Raffle to support disabled Lewisville Firefighter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raffle to support disabled Lewisville Firefighter Login/Join 
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted
Please check out this raffle being run by Sons of the Flag. If you don't want to enter the raffle, consider a donation. This is run by a friend, and is a good cause.

http://sonsoftheflag.givingfue...support-andy-allison

quote:
On August 6, 2012, the Lewisville Fire Department responded to a structure fire in a single-family residence. Andy Allison and his Captain extinguished the main body of fire. Continuing through the home, Andy directed a hose stream at a large body of fire in the laundry room and attic area above. During this operation, Andy contacted a dryer energized with a 220 volt electrical service. Andy was electrocuted for several seconds before being pulled from the home and rushed to the hospital by Lewisville Fire Department Paramedics.

Since 2012, Andy has been cared for by 11 doctors and undergone numerous surgeries. His electrical burn injuries include:

Left knee meniscus tear and right leg 4th degree internal burns & muscle atrophy forcing him to walk with a cane,
Optic nerve burns causing contrast difficulty,
Vestibular nerve (inner ear) burns causing vertigo,
Left-frontal lobe brain damage impacting memory and cognitive skills,
Herniated L5 and S1 and fractured T4, T5, and T6 causing spinal compression and Lipomatosis forcing surgeons to fuse T3-T9 with 2 rods and 12 screws
Damage to 14 teeth caused by clinching during electrocution

More info on the raffle here. For simplicity's sake, the winner will get the value of each gun as a Bass Pro Shop gift card, except for the Sergeant Avila AR-10. I'm looking into the Texas residency requirement for the raffle and will update if I get more info.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dallas, in the future, please ask permission before posting such things.

Yes, it's a good cause. Everyone has a good cause, and I had to stop memmbers from posting this stuff after it became epidemic.

Your post can remain, but please keep the above in mind.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that, I was not aware of the rule. Understand how it could get out of hand. Thank you for allowing it.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post