SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trout fishermen, please step in. Questions
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trout fishermen, please step in. Questions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’m lucky to get to fish some Of the best areas in Alaska fairly often. My go to spinners are the basic sliver vibrax and the red and blue vibrax. Plain silver last masters are great as are the kodiak customs general issue spinners. I use braided line with about 6 feet of flauro carbon tied on as a leader.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
UPDATE DAY 3: Nothing caught this morning as we were in the process of packing out, however, we did go out of the river and headed down river towards the White River. Unfortunately, our boat got swamped by some Bubba in a 500HP Bass Boat, and I lost all my guns except the one on my hip. Water was fast, deep and very cold and the river valley was completely fogged in, so no one saw a thing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Back home now.

Thanks for all the advice, I had a good time, but I am not a convert to fishing for trout.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
UPDATE DAY 3: Nothing caught this morning as we were in the process of packing out, however, we did go out of the river and headed down river towards the White River. Unfortunately, our boat got swamped by some Bubba in a 500HP Bass Boat, and I lost all my guns except the one on my hip. Water was fast, deep and very cold and the river valley was completely fogged in, so no one saw a thing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Back home now.

Thanks for all the advice, I had a good time, but I am not a convert to fishing for trout.

Sorry about the guns. Not a convert of trout fishing? pick up a fly rod brother. Thats where its at.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I've done spinning setups and fly fishing.Once you fly fish you get hooked and it can be a very expensive hook. Its a whole different experience altogether. I now prefer fly rods.

Posts: 2308 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
pick up a fly rod brother. Thats where its at.

This is the truth.

Posts: 3810 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Wet a line with the boy today but the trout weren’t biting and we went home with just memories of a great day spent together in the river.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
I lost a very nice one (Trout) today. Got off the hook about 25 feet away.
Fly-fishing for Native Brook Trout, tomorrow.

Posts: 3810 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
pick up a fly rod brother. Thats where its at.

This is the truth.

So true. We took it up this summer in Red River and it is addicting. Bass fishing is quick and violent. Fly fishing is finesse.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

That really sucks to have lost your guns........ Sorry to hear that.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post