SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Voya accident supplement insurance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voya accident supplement insurance Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
My job just started to offer this, is it worth $20 a month? Do you have to fight with them if there is a claim?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
We are starting that too, moving from Aflac. Haven't used it yet so can't help you.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some jobs are more dangerous than others. Read the policy carefully. In most cases, workers compensation insurance covers on the job accidents. It always comes down to what the policy says. Never heard of the company you mention.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Voya is a legit company. Accidental insurance is mostly a waste of money unless someone else is paying for it. It never pays. You pretty much have to die in a plane crash or get hit by a bus for it to be considered an accident. And if you survive, spend time in a hospital and then die days or weeks later of your injuries, it's no longer considered an accident. It's cheap because it never pays.

Posts: 3542 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I have carried accidental insurance for most of my career. I have made money on it almost every year. I have family coverage with two active kids.

Right off the top, I get $180 a year just for annual preventative medical/dental/eye appointments for the family.

All it takes is one of the four of us doing something dumb and we’re getting in the green for the year. I’ve never had a problem getting paid. I had Aflac and have had Voya for a few years now.

I think it’s worth it. I pay $35/month for family coverage.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We have it through Allstate and it pays for itself every year. Though our plan is not like anything I have ever seen in an accident coverage policy.
It pays $50 for one standard Dr. visit for each person covered this includes dental and vision. There are 5 of us. My wife and I go to the eye Dr. in January and the 3 boys go to the dentist in January. So we have our money paid back premium wise by February plus and extra $10.
One Boy got stitches once and it paid that. But that is the only accident claim we have had. Allstate usually has the claim paid within 7 days of me turning it in.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25430 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had Affleck and was always denied. Never did i get money.

We switched to Voya and never got denied. Form Filled out, processed and check in hand in a week, week and a half.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post