SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Familiar with Armourlite Watches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Familiar with Armourlite Watches Login/Join 
posted
I want a tritium dial watch, but Luminox is out as they're complete junk, and Ball is more than I want to spend.

I looked around and came across this brand, but know nothing about them. Anybody have one or know about them?

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Armourlite owner for 2 years. Keeps excellent time. Has outstanding illumination. Came with a good quality NATO strap. Still on OEM battery. I would buy again.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Yooper. Sounds like they're still pretty small time, which is hopefully good for quality.

What's your band material? I prefer steel which they offer a couple of.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My band is the nylon NATO style.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a steel diver, check out Steinhart. Swiss made with ETA movements. Outstanding value for the money. The only knock on the company is that some of their designs are homages.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2389 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Have two, like them better than a luminox. NATO bands. Very bright, great watch. Picked them up on mass drop and saved some good $$

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Marathon also uses tritium on their watches.

https://www.marathonwatch.com

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I've had one for several years. It came with a silicone band and an extra NATO strap. Illumination is very good (T100). It also has a sapphire crystal which is somewhat unusual for a watch in that price range. That's a good thing! All in all, I am very satisfied with the watch!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ogie,

Posts: 6632 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want to look into Lum-Tec. They make some great watches that are super bright. A bit pricey but half the cost of a Ball. I’ve had one for about 7 years and never had an issue.

https://lum-tec.com/collections

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I have a Traser watch that's been great. I've had it a very long time so I can't really speak to current production quality. In fact, I've had it so long that I recently sent it back to the company to have the tritium markers and hands replaced. They did a good job.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post