SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help with antique lamps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with antique lamps Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
Anybody got some clues for identity, vintage, value for these lamps? They are Mother's. Converted to electric long ago.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
My mom passed this past November and had a pair of antique lamps very similar to your last pic. Your area may be different but we couldn't find an antique dealer with any interest. They're in my sister's basement now.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
To be brutally honest:

No one wants this stuff

I had a bunch of old stuff I took pictures of and to and antique dealer and he shrugged and said the younger generation just isn’t interested in any of this and I’d be better just throwing it out.

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wrap them very carefully and take them to an antique dealer near you they will give you an estimate of their worth.

My mom or sister would purchase all three if they happend upon them at a sale

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54630 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Just my guesstimation. The middle one wouldn't have any value.

The bottom one looks like it could be worth approx 125 and up. Could go up to 300 depending on the auction.

The top one would be a hard sell. It's hard to tell if it is a print/stencil or what. But it's so big and bulky, it wouldn't appeal to very many people.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post