SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My dog finally figured out that squirrels and rabbits are made out of fresh meat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My dog finally figured out that squirrels and rabbits are made out of fresh meat Login/Join 
Stuck on
himself
posted
And as part Labrador she's super food driven, to the point of mild psychosis. As soon as she gets her game down she'll out-murder every cat in the neighborhood and I'm going to save a fortune on dog food.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Just wait until she realizes she can save a rabbit for a late night snack and you find it stuffed between your couch cushions. Worse still is when, like our GSD, the saved snack is half a rabbit between the cushions.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2108 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a blue tick and a redbone coonhound. They go ape if they corner a possum or squirrel on the fence. No raccoons near me. A few times the blue tick has caught a squirrel and she will play with it to death, no biting it to puncture just mauling. Our dearly departed jack Russel would death shake them and bring them to show off. The redbone has caught one on the ground and just stood a few feet back and bayed. The Squirrels usually stay just above the dogs’ leaping height on the huge redwood tree in our backyard and chirp and tease at the dogs. Woe be to the one that gets caught however.

Posts: 4780 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Be very careful that puppy dog does not come in contact with Peppy Lepew"s cousin . When stationed in Alaska we were the parents of a "weinee" dog that loved to go after moose/buffalo/wolf/lynx/snowshoe hares/ anything on the ground. She did tangle with "peppy lepew"s" cousin which she did not come out on the winning end. .................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2018 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
My cattle dog/jrt cross used to bounce the bunnies off the fence. She’d chase ‘em til they hit the chain link at warp speed, and she’d just sit back and angle herself to catch and crunch when they bounced back. She even used the other dogs like playing pinball, bouncing the bunny here and there. An absolute mastermind. I miss her. Wish my current pups were 1/2 as talented.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5334 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post