SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man on vacation in Ibiza pranked by friends with dissolving swim trunks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man on vacation in Ibiza pranked by friends with dissolving swim trunks Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ha! I need these!

My friends and I pull some viscous jokes on each other.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the line between prank and cruelty is too diffuse.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Practical jokes are neither practical nor jokes. Humour for trailer-park trash.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
If you read the story, the wife wasn't in on it.

I skimmed it and missed that. But even though she wasn't "in on it", she was still laughing her ass off at him as well.

Adios.

Good Lord. Roll Eyes

Year V

Posts: 2674 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Sometimes the line between prank and cruelty is too diffuse.

This. I love a good practical joke and have had them played on me. The key is that they are done in the right spirit. When they are done to humiliate someone they are not funny at all. Plus, I would never play a joke on someone unless I knew they would laugh just as much as everyone else.

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Man, some real sticks in the mud here. Nobody was physically hurt and everyone had a good laugh. Hell if I was on the sidelines and saw it happen I’d be laughing my ass off with them.

Jokes amongst good friends keeps things fun, interesting and in my opinion draws people closer together, not to mention laughter is good for the soul. In a few years time they’ll be sitting around having drinks and one of them will say, “remember when we switched out Joe’s trunks with the ones that dissolved in the pool?” Followed by raucous laughter and more stories.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
Man, some real sticks in the mud here.

I’m thinking that many here don’t realize how crazy the Brits can be while they’re on vacation nor do they realize how hedonistic Ibiza can be.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
Man, some real sticks in the mud here.

I’m thinking that many here don’t realize how crazy the Brits can be while they’re on vacation nor do they realize how hedonistic Ibiza can be.

^^^ This. The British are not the British of old.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I found that funny. Guy took it in good taste and had fun with it. I hope his buddies are watching their back because I'm sure payback is coming.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
I found that funny. Guy took it in good taste and had fun with it. I hope his buddies are watching their back because I'm sure payback is coming.

Back in the college days, one friend tied a 25lb Kingfish head in the rear bumper of his buddy's Ford Ranger pickup. The other friends payback a month later was to put a rainbow flag bumper sticker on his buddy's suv's spare tire, you couldn't see it up close, but could from sitting in a car about a 100' back. He got hit on by gay guys in South Florida for over 2 weeks before someone told him it was there!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Boy you guys are a bunch of fun. Roll Eyes I play jokes and take jabs at my friends all the time, completely expect it back that's what makes it fun. I cant tell you how many times my fishing and golf buddy's and I have played jokes and took jabs at each other.

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Back in my misspent youth I played a joke on a teammate of mine. While he was distracted I put a dead fish in his boat under the tonneau cover. He was parked by the sand courts where we were playing. It was July. The weather averaged 102 for the high all week. Well, in the excitement of the tournament he decided not to go boating and I forgot the fish was in there. He didn't use his boat again for another two weeks......Imagine that! It was supposed to be a joke but the way things developed was super bad. I paid to have his boat de-fished and apologized repeatedly. He was not amused.

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Back in my misspent youth I played a joke on a teammate of mine. While he was distracted I put a dead fish in his boat under the tonneau cover. He was parked by the sand courts where we were playing. It was July. The weather averaged 102 for the high all week. Well, in the excitement of the tournament he decided not to go boating and I forgot the fish was in there. He didn't use his boat again for another two weeks......Imagine that! It was supposed to be a joke but the way things developed was super bad. I paid to have his boat de-fished and apologized repeatedly. He was not amused.

I believe I have told the story of a group of co workers who socialized together, sales people, etc. One perpetual gag was a case of empty beer bottles which was to be sneaked into another's car trunk.

On one occasion, one of the guys hung a tuna in the chimney of another couple. Unluckily, that was the day the couple had left on a 3 week cruise.

Every fabric in the house, towels, carpets, clothes, wall paper, etc had to be replaced.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

Back in the college days, one friend tied a 25lb Kingfish head in the rear bumper of his buddy's Ford Ranger pickup. The other friends payback a month later was to put a rainbow flag bumper sticker on his buddy's suv's spare tire, you couldn't see it up close, but could from sitting in a car about a 100' back. He got hit on by gay guys in South Florida for over 2 weeks before someone told him it was there!!!!!!!!!

I recently taped a naked man playing card inside my father in law’s gas cap door.

He lives in New Jersey where people aren’t allowed to pump gas, an attendant will always do it.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

I believe I have told the story of a group of co workers who socialized together, sales people, etc. One perpetual gag was a case of empty beer bottles which was to be sneaked into another's car trunk.

On one occasion, one of the guys hung a tuna in the chimney of another couple. Unluckily, that was the day the couple had left on a 3 week cruise.

Every fabric in the house, towels, carpets, clothes, wall paper, etc had to be replaced.

Oh my.....lol

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My old High School buddies and I were masters of the practical joke. However there were rules that were never violated

1) No one could be hurt or injured
2) No damage (even accidental) more than $5, and easily replaceable
a) if intentional the replacement had to be in possession and handy
3) The jokers cleaned up any mess
4) The joke had to be funny to everyone, including the one pranked

A few simple rules that made you REALLY think about whether what you were about to do was smart or not.

We only had one backfire, no way to see it coming, there was no damage to the car but it took us an hour to figure out how to undo it, the solution was amazingly simple in the end, the prank actually was on us but turned into one of the epic stories of H.S.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
On another occasion I had a friend who was about to be married. All he could talk about in the weeks before is getting to the honeymoon suite. He nearly vibrated with anticipation of consummating the marriage. Wanting to exchange virginities was not his mistake. Telling me about it ceaselessly was.

On his wedding day while he was distracted with the reception, I snuck out to his car and unplugged the coil wire. Did I mention he was a mechanical dunce? lol Anyway, the time came to drive off into the sunset and to indulge his now obvious libido. They both hopped into his car. I had positioned myself at the driver's side mirror. He turned the key and........... No start. Turned again and the motor just cranked impotently. He looked up at me with panic and alarm scrawled across his face. That Cheshire grin dropping to dread. When he saw the size of my grin he knew I was guilty and shouted, "fix what you broke!!!"

I did in a few seconds and they were off to start their lives. That was a good one. I'll never forget the expression on his face. Big Grin