SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man on vacation in Ibiza pranked by friends with dissolving swim trunks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man on vacation in Ibiza pranked by friends with dissolving swim trunks Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
A British man was left baring nearly everything at a hotel pool in Ibiza after his friends gifted him a pair of dissolving swim trunks as a prank.

Lee Kenny was taking a dip while on vacation with his wife and a group of friends when he realized something was terribly wrong with his swimwear.

WARNING: Video contains slightly graphic language, but mostly uproarious laughter.

"My shorts are broke! My shorts are broke!” he says in a video of the incident. As his friend bust out laughing, he asks, “What did you do?”

Once he realizes what’s happening, he wades away and climbs out of the pool to head for cover. Kenny can be seen trying to hold up what little remains of his trunks as he walks toward the hotel. A staff member then runs over and covers him up with a drink tray.

One of Kenny’s friends, Rachael Whittaker, told UNILAD the group had planned the whole thing before their vacation together.

“My husband had heard about some ‘dissolvable swim shorts’ and thought it would be funny to set up our friend,” she said. “Everyone was in on the dissolvable swim shorts secret, except for Lee and his wife. We didn’t want to risk her letting it slip.

Whittaker said her husband had a pair of the shorts from Little Wedding Treasures custom-made with Kenny’s initials and gave them to him as a gift. “Lee took great enjoyment in showing off to the lads how special and important he was for having such great shorts. [He] proudly arrived at the pool…with no idea what was about to happen,” she said.

According to the description, the shorts look and feel “like a normal pair of shorts... but once in the pool a chemical reaction causes dissolving of the item, leaving your pal in a spot of bother in the pool.”

After rushing back to his room to change, Kenny returned to the pool in a different pair of trunks. However his wife joked that he wasn’t safe because they’d used a “spray” on all his swimwear to make them dissolve.

If you’re looking to pull your own prank, you can buy the dissolving swim trunks online for $38.87, which can be “personalized with the victim’s name/initials/nickname or any other wording of your choice.”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Is that what they mean by "free style?"

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4804 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I despise practical jokes and don't find them funny in any way, shape, or form.

Why would you set out to humiliate a friend, and more importantly, why would a wife set out to deliberately humiliate her husband? I'd kick her ass to the curb.

Sorry for the strong stance (not really). I hate practical jokes.

Posts: 20602 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Those swim shorts dissolved into something...I wonder what it did to the pool's filter.

Posts: 9297 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Why would you set out to humiliate a friend, and more importantly, why would a wife set out to deliberately humiliate her husband? I'd kick her ass to the curb.

I agree! If you can't trust your life partner, who can you trust?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39286 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

I agree! If you can't trust your life partner, who can you trust?

If you read the story, the wife wasn't in on it.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 8019 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agree completely.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those swim shorts dissolved into something..

It looks like the fabric is still there. Perhaps it was the stitching that dissolved allowing it to fall into pieces.

quote:

My friends and I screw with each other. I don't think any of us would force any of the others to run across a pool with their shorts falling off, but we do plenty of other things all in good fun.

Here's a more tame swimsuit prank. Guy and his girlfriend were going on vacation. He removed her swimsuits from her luggage and replaced them with one that he had custom made with his face on it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15862 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
You guys need to lighten up...that was funny as hell. Especially in that setting. Now if it was in the middle of a wedding or funeral I could see your point.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
If you read the story, the wife wasn't in on it.

I skimmed it and missed that. But even though she wasn't "in on it", she was still laughing her ass off at him as well.

Adios.

Posts: 20602 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
it is Ibiza. who would really care?

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
It’s Ibiza. Who would even notice someone naked in a pool?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Who wears clothes in Ibiza anyway?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It was funny to me. I couldn't help but laugh along with the people laughing.

You have to know who you're pranking and whether they'll be cool with it or that it wouldn't put them out of joint too much.

I was on a business trip with a woman. She could not stop talking. I just got used to it. One dinner, we went to a habachi place. She was talking with the woman next to her. I was glad for the relief. But in the meantime, I told the waitress it was her birthday. After the meal, they came out with the small birthday cupcake and candle and sang her the happy birthday song. It wasn't her birthday. She was speechless. She wasn't mad; she was just disoriented. Even until we went back to the hotel. That was worth it to me.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am with you, really fucking funny. I have seen some situations where some practical jokes made the situation get really ugly. No thanks.

Posts: 9849 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm with you 100%. Weigh the few minutes of laughing at the victim's expense against the loss of their trust forever, then decide if it's worth it.

Posts: 9029 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too. I don't play them, and I don't react well to having them played on me.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15525 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, that was funny. It boils down to who your target is. If you did that to me, I'd find it hilarious, but I'd pay you back in spades. My brother doesn't (generally) share my (at times) crude and brash sense of humor, so I'd never think of pranking him like that. Different strokes for different folks and all that....

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I thought it was funny.

It’s very rare that I play practical-jokes, but I do appreciate a good one done in fun.

My kids and I ‘get each other” from time to time, nothing crazy...but it bonds us and gives us another reason to laugh together.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Put me in the “I don’t like practical jokes” camp.

If someone volunteers to be pranked, fine. If you are in a social group and pranking is a known expectation in said group, great.

Otherwise it’s just another form of bullying, which I detest.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post