SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seeking advice for American flag purchase
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking advice for American flag purchase Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
1.9:1 ratio flags are the official ones.

Most places sell ones that are 1.5:1 instead (3x5, for example).
A 3x5 flag is 1.67 :: 1, not 1.5 :: 1.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I've been looking to get a decent 30' flag pole that won't break the bank.

I'm thinking of picking up this one:
http://www.bobsflagpole.com/30...e-3x5-american-flag/

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Unishot:
I've been very pleased with all the flags I (and the company I work for) have purchased from Annin Flags. They are the largest and oldest flag maker in the US, been around since 1847, and are one of the largest flag makers in the world. I especially like their "Tough Tex" flags. They really hold up in the wind, and are extremely fade resistant.

Annin.com

+1. Annin Tough Tex.

Posts: 5817 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought one from Grace Alley on Amazon. Very nice flag. I also bought 2 of the non tangle flag pole from them as well.

I have also bought 2 of these Flags for the Fallen and they donate 30% to fallen officers.

All have held up well. And will buy from both again when the need arises.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1130 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
1.9:1 ratio flags are the official ones.

Most places sell ones that are 1.5:1 instead (3x5, for example).
A 3x5 flag is 1.67 :: 1, not 1.5 :: 1.

Smile

Oops. Correct. It's still not the official size, though.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
I've been very pleased with all the flags I (and the company I work for) have purchased from Annin Flags. They are the largest and oldest flag maker in the US, been around since 1847, and are one of the largest flag makers in the world. I especially like their "Tough Tex" flags. They really hold up in the wind, and are extremely fade resistant.

Annin.com

+1. Annin Tough Tex.

Annin for the win. But many of the mentioned vendors selling Made in the USA flags are selling Annin, so they are widely available. I think I've even seen Annin in my local hardware store.

Posts: 10876 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
In the past you used to be able to get one that had flown over the Capitol from your Senator or Congressman. Do not know if that still holds true.

This is what we have. Its a beautiful well-made flag. Actually, it was a wedding present. We fly it on Memorial Day weekend, July 4, etc.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:

Annin.com

+1. Annin Tough Tex.

Annin for the win. But many of the mentioned vendors selling Made in the USA flags are selling Annin, so they are widely available. I think I've even seen Annin in my local hardware store.

I checked out Annin when I went to get my latest replacement, and they did not appear to offer an official ratio Flag.

sig226fan, I concur about the non-tangle flag poles. I had a 6' version with a bigger than normal Flag and it got broken off. I now have an 8' rotating pole that is very robust (and quite expensive). So far it's been working great.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
This thread has motivated me to mount an American Flag on my brick pedestal. Since I have two pedestals, I would like to also get a Texas flag and fly them side by side on each side of my entrance. Question.....is it correct for the Texas and U.S. flags to be "flown" at the same height on a pedestal mount?

My future project will be to install a flag pole in my front flower bed and in such case, the U.S. flag will of course be flown on top of the Texas flag. Just curious about mounting them on my front brick pedestals with a bracket kit.

Thanks!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post