SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is just silly! It’s not enough that Australia ban lots of guns now they are banning license plates with scary letter combos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is just silly! It’s not enough that Australia ban lots of guns now they are banning license plates with scary letter combos Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
This is absolutely ridiculous.

A Victoria man with a sweet hot rod named “Weapon” had a custom license plate made with the letters “WEPN” and apparently someone was triggered or felt unsafe so now they are trying to take it Away from him. How can the letters WEPN make someone feel unsafe? Rather than go after the owner of the car shouldn’t authorities offer some psychiatric help to the person who felt threatened by the letters WEPN? Confused

Link to this ridiculous story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Actually "WEPN" is short for "Weeping" for state of his fellow countrymen.

Posts: 3824 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That’s ridiculous.
We do the same thing here in the states though. In Washington I had a BMW that was killing it at the track. I names it Sicario and had plates to match.
In Arizona, that plate is not allowed. They won’t issue it.
I guess, because in Washington, not many people know what a Sicario is. In Arizona, a lot of people know what a Sicario is.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4366 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
In 1986 I was denied the license plate POORSH (poor man’s Porsche) for a well-used VW Beetle. The DMV said SH could be taken as an obscenity (*gasp*!!!). I told them it could also mean Shinola (but they wouldn't know the difference).

DMVs in the U.S. have been protecting the public's sensitive minds for over a century (1915). The absurdity continues.

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Sicario
I had to Google it to know if I should be offended. (I'm not.) Smile

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
DMVs in the U.S. have been protecting the public's sensitive minds for over a century (1915). The absurdity continues.

The tides might be turning a bit... Here in Maine there are very few restrictions on profanity or gun related meanings. The only thing they care about here is "hate speech" (racist language)

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Brother in-law had a plate that read STUGOTS for years. Old cranky Italian broad across the street finally reported it and it was taken.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Stupidity knows now boundaries.

Few years ago, I sent a personalized plate application to Nevada DMV for "HUMMER" . It was available on the on-line search function when I sent my application form and payment. I attached a copy of my registration for the vehicle it will go to, which is a 2005 Hummer H2. They DENIED my application and sent me back the check and application form. They said it was OFFENSIVE. WTF?

Another one in 2015 when we got our RV. I sent out an application for "RV 4FN". It was denied as being OFFENSIVE (the "FN" part as "FUC**N). Ended up getting something else.

And yet, there are so many cars moving around in the Vegas area that are really offensive (for obvious meanings). Somehow, they got through.

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
It's now all about the feelings of a small group. Every time they get their way, they get stronger. I HATE shit like this.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
OMG. My head is going to explode one day reading this shit.

We need to purge the weak from society. One day, Alice..... Pow, straight to the moon.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
We need to purge the weak from society. One day, Alice..... Pow, straight to the moon.
They're the chewing gum in the dog fur. The only solution is a comet putting an end to all of us.

By the way, have you noticed that the letter "L" is shaped like a handgun? The English alphabet is part of the patriarchy...

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The one slogan for this decade or generation of ass holes. "I'm offended!!!!!!!!!!!!"

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No surprise it is how libtards think. Confused

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This nitpicking indicates that they are out of actual issues to complain about.

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
https://www.nydailynews.com/ne...-20190213-story.html

This guy could not get his name on a plate, so he just reproduced what he wanted on the tail gate, genius.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1514 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is that an AMC Spirit? Big Grin

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
egregore, it’s a Holden Torana. The name is aboriginal and means “to fly”. Australia is chocked full of strange and unique vehicles with cool names. It’s one of the the things I enjoyed most while I was there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
He should tell them he's a Urologist and it means We Pee'n

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

By the way, have you noticed that the letter "L" is shaped like a handgun? The English alphabet is part of the patriarchy...

LOL, we MUST ban all "L"'s from all words.

-O-, we MUST ban a-- "-"'s from a-- words.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 584 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post