SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bringing crab from Alaska to Arizona, am I over-reacting? - update at top
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bringing crab from Alaska to Arizona, am I over-reacting? - update at top Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
You cannot bring dry ice inside a pressurized cabin. It depletes the oxygen and it's what caused everyone to die on Payne Stewarts private jet......I think it was lobsters in a cooler with dry ice.

Just put it in the checked baggage, and I agree with everyone else, in reality it's $100 of crab.

I'm at work and this made my Christmas! LOL!!

Posts: 7096 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

You cannot bring dry ice inside a pressurized cabin. It depletes the oxygen and it's what caused everyone to die on Payne Stewarts private jet.
WHAT?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31378 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

You guys are correct that the TSA allows a maximum of 5-6lbs of dry ice on an airplane.
That's actually around 5 pounds...per person.

Our passenger 767s can carry a maximum of 1800 lbs in the cargo holds. Our freighters can carry 6600 lbs of dry ice spread over upper and lower compartments. Generally each company sets its own guidelines based upon regulatory limitation or even more conservative numbers.

Sooo, yeah.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well? Success?

Posts: 2056 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Well? Success?

Not yet. Joys of holiday travel, flight delays, rescheduling, changing flights. Now supposedly on the direct redeye from Anchorage to Phoenix later tonight. It's sitting in the freezer at Alaska Airlines baggage service right now. Yes, we have freezer storage for baggage at the airport. We do things a little differently in Alaska.

I'll pitch my bitch on the forum after the ordeal is over. Right now, I'm not happy. I'll give Alaska a chance to make this up before bitching.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Well? Success?

Not yet. Joys of holiday travel, flight delays, rescheduling, changing flights. Now supposedly on the direct redeye from Anchorage to Phoenix later tonight. It's sitting in the freezer at Alaska Airlines baggage service right now. Yes, we have freezer storage for baggage at the airport. We do things a little differently in Alaska.

I'll pitch my bitch on the forum after the ordeal is over. Right now, I'm not happy. I'll give Alaska a chance to make this up before bitching.

Sorry to hear that. Have a safe flight!

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck. Hope you get to enjoy the remainder of your holidays.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Update at top.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post