SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hillary Clinton says Tulsi Gabbard is a 'Russian asset' groomed to ensure Trump reelection
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hillary Clinton says Tulsi Gabbard is a 'Russian asset' groomed to ensure Trump reelection Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It seems to me that Tulsi Gabbard has been consistent in her view of this impeachment. Voting 'present' is essentially no vote, and I don't consider this at all to be grandstanding on her part. She didn't want to have anything to do with it.
Agreed. And I think its the right vote for any candidate actively running a campaign for president. That would include all those Dem losers in the senate masquerading as presidential candidates if this nonsense ever makes its way there.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Gabbard didn’t do anything dumb or weak by voting present. She still has to answer to a constituency that is democrat and shooting herself in the fool politically would just be a stupid move career wise. It allows her to stay in good stead with her people at home and acknowledge that she openly recognizes that the impeachment proceedings are a sham. Regardless, the leftist machine will never accept her as a presidential hopeful finalist. Too right of what they consider to be their center for their liking.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15601 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
There are a number of former politicians and political wannabe's over here of a like mind - Mr Anthony B Liar being prime among them.

In Ireland we have a saying which, unusually, sounds far more pithy and to the point when it's translated into English - 'Dearmad déanta air ach gan a bheith imithe'.

'Forgotten, but not gone.'

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I dunno, her voting "present" is better than a "yes", right?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

I have learned many things by being a member here, and one of the most striking is how many people are never so happy as when they have something to be unhappy about. It truly is remarkable.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Certainly better; to me she is still a democrat and supports things I do not, but she at least displays a modicum of decency by abstaining from taking part in the obvious ploy of defamation.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15601 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
hillary is the gift that keeps on giving. she shows no loyalty to anyone except herself. no wonder slippery bill wandered off so many times.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It seems that Tulsi doesn’t take too kindly to the defamation of character when Killary made her claim...suing the old hag for 50 million.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/n...le-with-lawsuit/amp/

Democratic presidential hopeful Tulsi Gabbard has filed a defamation suit against Hillary Clinton for calling her a “Russian asset,” according to newly filed court papers.

“Tulsi Gabbard is running for President of the United States, a position Clinton has long coveted, but has not been able to attain,” Wednesday’s Manhattan federal lawsuit reads. “In October 2019 — whether out of personal animus, political enmity, or fear of real change within a political party Clinton and her allies have long dominated — Clinton lied about her perceived rival Tulsi Gabbard. She did so publicly, unambiguously, and with obvious malicious intent.”

The former secretary of state has refused to walk back comments she made during an Oct. 17 appearance on a podcast, in which she referred to the Hawaii congresswoman as a “favorite of the Russians.”

“She’s the favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far,” Clinton told “Campaign HQ” host and former Obama campaign manager David Plouffe.

“And, that’s assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she’s also a Russian asset. Yeah, she’s a Russian asset,” added Clinton.

The next day, when asked to clarify the comment, Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill doubled down, allegedly telling reporters “If the nesting doll fits.”

“This is not some outlandish claim. This is reality,” Merrill added.

The lawsuit goes on to claim that Clinton demonstrated actual malice — and says the failed Democratic presidential candidate has had it in for Gabbard since the congresswoman endorsed Clinton rival Bernie Sanders in 2016.

Gabbard is suing for $50 million, citing defamation claims.

“Tulsi is not a Russian asset. No one — Russia or anyone else — controls her or her presidential campaign. Instead, Tulsi is a loyal American servant, declaring her allegiance to the United States of America both as a soldier and as a member of Congress,” read the court papers.

A Clinton spokesperson did not immediately return a request for comment.

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I have learned many things by being a member here, and one of the most striking is how many people are never so happy as when they have something to be unhappy about. It truly is remarkable.

Excellent observation. We’re turning into a cantankerous lot.
Didn’t used to be this bad.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post