SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pressure cooking times, 6.5 quart Ninja Foodi, 5.4 pound turkey breast, thawed?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pressure cooking times, 6.5 quart Ninja Foodi, 5.4 pound turkey breast, thawed? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The booklet that came with our cooker says 45 to 50 minutes on a 6 to 8 pound breast but I want to brown the top of the breast with an air crisp at the end of cooking.

At any rate, 45 to 50 minutes sounds way too high for a thawed breast.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Are you submerging the breast in liquid or are you using a rack to keep the breast out of the liquid.
When I make meat loaf in my pressure cooker I put liquid in the bottom of my pressure cooker and then the meat loaf in a pan on a rack above the liquid.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Are you submerging the breast in liquid or are you using a rack to keep the breast out of the liquid.
Using a rack over one cup of water. The turkey is not sitting in the liquid.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
On my pressure cooker I have a custom feature that will allow me to cook either 10 minutes,30 minutes,60 minutes.
I know you are cooking a turkey breast and my experience has been with meatloaf however I use the 30 minute setting then depressurize the cooker and use a meat thermometer. If it is not to temperature I re pressurize and check in 10 minute intervals till done.

If your book says cook for 45 to 50 minutes I would start at 30 if your pressure cooker allows, de pressurizer, check the temperature and pressurizer to cook longer if needed to get up to proper temperature.

I am not sure how you are browning the top, does your pressure cooker have a feature that does this?

Sorry it took so long to answer I was waiting to see if anyone had any better ideas.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post