SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone use a FLIR TK scout or Leupold LTO 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone use a FLIR TK scout or Leupold LTO 2 Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
Looking at bringing some thermal into my hog hunting. These are the cheapest I can find that still having a good reputation but the reviews I have find are really not great.

Main use will be seeing 100-200lb hogs at 100-150 M

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The refresh rate is what is lacking in the lower priced units, but they will allow you to see a hog in the dark.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I have the Leupold Tracker 2, non HD.

It picks up deer out to 150yds for me, but beyond that it's just a heat blob, you can't tell what it actually is. It really excels in finding the blood trail (hence the "Tracker" name).

I do like the different color setups that it offers, and being able to select the "high ambient" to not get a warm tree covering an animal.

I got it with some Cabelas gift cards I got through work, not sure i would have spent the 700 if it wasn't for that.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3355 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post