SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A talk that no one should ever have to have with their parent.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A talk that no one should ever have to have with their parent. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
thoughts and prayers for you and your family

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54777 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with you.

Posts: 4514 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone. Good news!!!! no new abdominal tumors, only brain tumors to deal with now. Gonna play whack a mole with a radiation hammer.

Talk with dad went well, very sad but well. I was able to talk with him about how our faith in God was bringing us through this ordeal.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
So very good news, given the circumstances!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5374 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:
.... I was able to talk with him about how our faith in God was bringing us through this ordeal.

Amen.

Praying for you this morning, Censored.

Posts: 8634 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awe man....hoping the treatment does its job for you, at least you have Dad (and god) to go through this together.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Our prayers are truly with you, I'm very happy to hear that they had not spread, that's huge.

Posts: 3856 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't know where you live but I would look into the brand of equipment that you will be treated with. Others claim to have similar systems but this does less damage to healthy tissue and works quicker. If you live in or near a major city, someone should offer this type of treatment.
I have a customer that is in this business and and a local radiologist and they both think this brand offers a lot of advantages over others.
Not trying to complicate things for you but thought this might be good to know.
Best of luck.
Varian Rapidarc operation explained below.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3473700/

https://cancer.stonybrookmedic...-technology/rapidarc

Posts: 9595 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
We buried my only sibling my sister. She died of drug OD 3-6-19 national drug addiction awareness day. Tues I buried my dad. He was struggling with stage 4 lung cancer. I believe the loss of my sis was too much for him to want to continue to fight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post