SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roll Call for Chongosuarte.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roll Call for Chongosuarte. Login/Join 
posted
I just heard that 3 cops killed and 5 wounded executing a warrant in Charlotte Mecklingburg. I am pretty sure he is on the job there. Chongo, I hope you are good. Prayers out to you guys. If you need anything just ask.

Posts: 4070 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7817 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
A really bad day.... waiting for a check in.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38036 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plenty of coverage but after reading six different websites,
None mentioned what happened to the two murderers .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54777 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Terrible day. Just got news a little while ago that one of our officers that had been critically injured passed. He had a wife and a 3 year old. The others that were killed were a US Marshal and two state probation officers who are sworn as Marshal task force officers, as I understand it.

Very probably the worst situation we have ever had as far as LEOs being victims. Possibly the worst I’ve known in the state.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11453 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cripes…. I am glad you are good Brother. Take care of yourself, your family, and all your cops.

Posts: 4070 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you, Chongo. Really.

Very sad to hear of this tragedy but I'm not at all ashamed to say I am very glad you are still with us. Prayers go out to the families of those killed or wounded.

I think the LEOs of the US have the toughest job they have had in my lifetime. For what it is worth, I thank you and yours for doing what is currently generally a pretty thankless job.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7282 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Terrible day. Just got news a little while ago that one of our officers that had been critically injured passed. He had a wife and a 3 year old.

I'm very sad to hear about the loss of your fellow officer Chongo, but darn glad to hear you are ok.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38036 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and a surge in firearm sales and gun ownership.
Leave it to CNN to stick this in their news article.

Posts: 9070 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
...and a surge in firearm sales and gun ownership.
Leave it to CNN to stick this in their news article.

The offender/subject of the warrant service was a convicted felon in unlawful possession of firearms. Maybe CNN and other enablers should think about the fact that laws mean nothing unless they're enforced and these officers (dismissed as "systematically racist" by their ilk) were stepping up to insure the relevancy of their community's justice system. Their sacrifice damn well ought to be recognized for what it was.

ETA: In California (I'm sooo glad I'm out of that shithole!), being a felon or other prohibited person in unlawful possession of a firearm(s) is considered a "Non-Non" (Non-violent/Non-serious) crime. While this crime used to be treated somewhat seriously, now convictions result in a mere slap on the wrist such as a few months in jail, if the offender shows up for court. "Non-Non" charges in CA usually result in release upon signing a written promise to appear (citation).

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10220 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post