SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else *not* get the Presidential Emergency text?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else *not* get the Presidential Emergency text? Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I did not receive one.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
How do I disable that crap on an iPhone 6S?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
I was in a conversation with someone who was on their cell, I was landline. The call was dropped when it came through.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Settings...Notifications...Scroll all the way to the bottom and there are toggle switches for Amber Alerts and Emergency alerts.

Both of mine are enabled and I did not get the alert. I was in a meeting with 3 other people and they all got the alert - I did not.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I didn't, wife did.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3405 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Settings...Notifications...Scroll all the way to the bottom and there are toggle switches for Amber Alerts and Emergency alerts.

Both of mine are enabled and I did not get the alert. I was in a meeting with 3 other people and they all got the alert - I did not.

Thanks...both are disabled, yet I still got the alert. Big Brother is watching us!!! Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Android s5. It came in as a regular text with the presidential seal pic.

I don't get Amber alerts. Must have them cut off, I forget. But still I got this right at 2:18.

So now I'll be pre warned of eminent death !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I got it on my work phone but not my personal phone.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9697 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I did not. iPhone on AT&T. Not sure why, couldn't care less.

One of my docs was on the hallway when all the phones went off and came running out of his office shouting "MY PRESIDENT NEEDS ME, MY PRESIDENT NEEDS ME!!!"

He's a funny dude.

Isn't anybody else concerned that this is a precursor to us getting leaks about the death-face asteroid actually being on collision path with Earth???

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12439 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Got it but it wasn't from the President. Just an alert.

Posts: 9537 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was on the road in Texas. Did not get it. iPhone on ATT with both amber and emergency alerts disabled.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Wife got it; I did not. Both iPhones on Verizon.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I didn't get it but my wife did.

Before you know it fake news will construe that to mean Trump is texting our wives behind our backs. Roll Eyes

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Nope din’t See it.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It seems like a whole lot of people out West did not get it?

I'm seeing different reasons being given as to why, but no one seems to be sure.

I have AT&T on both my personal and work iPhones and they hit right at 2:18:30 ET

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Nada here. SWMBO got hers.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:
Originally posted by ZYALTR:
Like previously stated, it came through as an Amber Alert, so if you have them disabled on your phone, you would not have gotten the Presidential alert message.
That is not the case with me. Amber Alert disabled on my phone. But got the buzz and Presidential alert message.

Both AMBER Alerts and Emergency Alerts are disabled on my iPhone 8+ and I did receive the presidential alert.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZYALTR:
Like previously stated, it came through as an Amber Alert, so if you have them disabled on your phone, you would not have gotten the Presidential alert message.

Incorrect. This alert was *supposed* to be one you cannot turn off or opt out of.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
That was a test, the first real alert will be congratulations to BK for his confirmation!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I got one on my work iPhone, but not on my personal Android, both on AT&T

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post