SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you a pistol guy or a rifle guy?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a pistol guy or a rifle guy? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It isn't so much the gun as the kind of shooting.

Shooting at paper is boring for the most part. I do enjoy precision long-range rifle shooting some, but not as much as action shooting.

I like action shooting sports like IDPA, USPSA, 3-gun, skeet, and sporting clays.

I am equally happy shooting any kind of gun, as long as the nature of the shooting is interesting.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both...

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.....I like girls

But really....enjoy pistols but a good 22lr is ....as I tell my wife.." my yoga"......odd positions, breathing control....inner peace

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm more of an artillery person so much more can be done with a 155MM.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
I'm more of an artillery person so much more can be done with a 155MM.
Can I come watch you practice? Cool Big Grin

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I am mostly old school. One handed pistol shooting. CMP and NRA type comps with pistol and rifle. Model 70s and 722 721 rifles. Old school indeed. But I do have Rock River Service Rifle and Anschutz Olympic rifles. And Steyr LP10 AP.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6317 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I definitely prefer handguns. I'm a better handgun shooter than a lot of my buddies, but those same buddies can school me behind a rifle. I'm glad I still get to have both, though Big Grin.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty equal on both as far as what I have and how much I shoot them. I am a better rifle shooter though.

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably 75% pistol, 25% rifle.

Winter just pistol, indoor range.

Summer mix of outdoor pistol/rifle and indoor pistol.

NE Ohio location.

Posts: 923 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Im definetly a pistol guy. No more wheel guns. I have a number of AR's, Carbines, 12ga auto, etc.etc. But shen Im going out to shoot, its always SIG pistols and maybe a long arm.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5302 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Yes. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own more pistols, but haven't really shot anything lately. Range is about an hour away and I work too much.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2746 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post