SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shocking Letter Reveals UK Blackout Fear As NatGas Supplies Could Be Cut
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shocking Letter Reveals UK Blackout Fear As NatGas Supplies Could Be Cut Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Who was it that said "Hold on to your butts!" in a movie?

I think Europe is going to have a very rough, dark and cold winter, I'm even hearing warnings of mobile networks going down due to lack of fuel! Eek

Shocking Letter Reveals UK Blackout Fear As NatGas Supplies Could Be Cut In "Emergency"

quote:

Due to the war in Ukraine and gas shortages in Europe, there is a significant risk that gas shortages could occur during the winter 2022/23 in Great Britain ('GB'). As a result, there is a possibility that GB could enter into a Gas Supply Emergency."

... "In the event that GB reaches Stage 2 in this procedure, Firm Load Shedding of gas would be applied to the largest gas users connected to the gas system. This will likely be large gas-fired power stations which produce electricity to the National Electricity Transmission System ('NETS')."

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Who was it that said "Hold on to your butts!" in a movie?

Samuel L. Jackson, Jurassic Park

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
In the event that GB reaches Stage 2, we plan to shut off the Gas...AND the Electricity! Eek

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
UK's problems are due to shocking mismanagement of resources. Here is what they have to work with.

Northsea deposits by Kent Matthew, on Flickr

Not going to do any good in the near future, but I'd advise get control of your environmental radicals and start fracking now. And, that goes for the rest of Europe too.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Check out Chinas latest move, grabbing profits off US NG contracts by reselling it to the EU at a gain.

Link

China Is Rerouting U.S. Liquefied Natural Gas to Europe at a Big Profit

Sluggish economy lets Chinese energy companies benefit from high global prices

SINGAPORE—The economic slowdown in China, a Trump-era trade deal and Europe’s desperate hunt for natural gas are creating a windfall for some Chinese energy companies. The unusual alignment is helping Europe stock up for the winter.

With demand down, Chinese companies that signed long-term contracts to buy U.S. liquefied natural gas are selling the excess and making hundreds of millions of dollars per cargo. Buyers include Europe, Japan and South Korea. Just 19 LNG vessels from the U.S. docked in China in the first eight months of the year, compared with 133 for the same period last year.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Historical rates of energy generation in the UK based in coal would be more than sufficient, were they to be restored, to cover the shortfall of the entirety of that currently produced from NG.

Won't happen, but it is a fact.

Wind and solar are too variable, as can be revealed by the amount of year over year energy production from them over the last couple years.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
My mother in England lives out in the country, and heats with propane. She gets the tank filled 2x per winter usually.

Her propane and electricity are tripling this year over last, and as a pensioner the increases are challenging to her budget even though she isn't poor. Working class people are going to really be hurt by the costs, assuming they can even get gas or electricity.

I'm believing that the media are bigger threats and villains than the politicians. With an honest media the politicians would have to defend their policies.

I think at this point we're going to have to see systems collapse badly before corrections are made. Most people don't seem to realize how much they have been lied to by the media over the last couple of decades. Collapses are in progress right now, economic and systemic.

Hold onto your butts is right!

Posts: 9443 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The US will have surging energy prices this winter also, this is not just limited to overseas.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Could this start to be a wake up call to some of the idiot thinkers around the world? I'd like to think so, but won't hold my breath.

"Fossil fuels" keep people alive and comfortable.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Wind and solar are too variable, as can be revealed by the amount of year over year energy production from them over the last couple years.

Having lived and work in the UK for year and a half many moons ago, I’m pretty sure solar is a non-starter there, and wind probably isn’t much better in most places. On the other hand, if you could make power from grey, overcast, and threatening rain but usually providing drizzle at best, their power issues would be a thing of the past.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
"Fossil fuels" keep people alive and comfortable.

God gave us dead, decaying dinosaurs for a reason. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Dinosaur juice is awesome!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Europe is going to have a very rough, dark and cold winter,

That does not seem possible with climate change global warming and all. Big Grin

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Looks like Biden was right about a winter of death, but he was wrong about the year and cause.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post